Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals,
Im looking into getting a 2005 titan, but before i do can anybody tell me the good and the bad about them if any? Thx in advance:clap:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Problems on my truck so far:

Brake judder
Radiator cap
Rear-end

All repaired under warranty, but by '05 has less than 15K miles. It seems about par for issues around here. Do yourself a favor and use the search funtion. Most questions have been asked and answered. Some many, many times.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
had an 05.. no problems just brake judder, fixed first time...... youve got an 06? why downgrade? or are you getting another ?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
killcatzforfun said:
had an 05.. no problems just brake judder, fixed first time...... youve got an 06? why downgrade? or are you getting another ?
im getting another im giving my 06 to my parents and im buying an 05

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
loosenut said:
Problems on my truck so far:

Brake judder
Radiator cap
Rear-end

All repaired under warranty, but by '05 has less than 15K miles.
Ditto for my '05, less the rear-end since I don't have the Off-Road package (No rear locker). I've got 9600 miles on my '05, radiator cap was replaced a couple months ago and the brake judder was taken care of in Jan.

I've been happy as a clam otherwise, though the aux cooling fan for the A/C is making mad vibes so I'm going to have the dealer perform the TSB to hopefully correct it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
8NOFEAR said:
im getting another im giving my 06 to my parents and im buying an 05
reasonable.

·
Registered
319 Posts
My '05 had the brake judder repair done, I had the AC TSB done, I had the front windows on my king cab re stripped for a rattle, I had the front seats replaced due to defective manufacturing. You could see the stuffing in several spots where things enter the seat. Other than that, the truck has made me happy on a daily basis! I would do it again in a heartbeat. I have 27,000 miles, and I have towed a 6000 lb. trailer to northern Saskatchewan Canada and back, and have no other issues.

·
Premium Member
3,842 Posts
Brake judder fixed and zero other problems. I'm currently at 46,xxx miles and still as happy as day one!

Clint

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got about 19k on my 05 and I've had the brake judder which was fixed. The thing I will say is that I've taken this truck over some extreme trails with constant pounding, twisting, and jarring in the mountains many times and there is still not a hint of a squeek anywhere in the truck, I love that about my truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
My list:
-Brake judder. Fixed, but starting to return @ 52K
-AC condensate drain leaking (fixed)
-Squeeky driver's seat (fixed)
-Battery dead (2.5 yrs @ 52k)

I have not had problems with the rear end or radiator cap (yet).

·
Registered
690 Posts
Brake jutter fixed under warrenty (upgraded rotors, new calipers and shoes for the front and rotors turned and new shoes for the rear) @9,000 miles. I think all '05s should have been fixed by now.
I also had an issue with the transfer case seal blowing out for no reason. I wasnt using 4WD at the time and I never heard of anyone ever having this problem so I'm pretty sure it was just my Titan that had a bad gasket seal.

Edit ::: Oh, and I also had all the door handles replace because they would break easily when frozen, also covered by warrenty

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thx for all the responses......it has really helped...keep them coming:gunz:

·
Registered
302 Posts
The only problem I had was the radiator cap other than that I have had no problems.I now have 33k and shes still running great!

·
Registered
274 Posts
One warranty claim: transfer case sensor.
One recall: Rear door wiring harness.

Otherwise problem free. Had a squeak but it was my seat belt latch, nothing a squirt of WD-40 couldnt fix.

No problems with my brakes or my rear end. I have a June '05 build date so I'm wondering if I was late enough to get the upgraded brakes. They have the indent from the rotor to the hub.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Here is my short list. All in the space of 22k miles.A little over 9000 of the miles in 4WD.
Brake fix done, although I really never had much of a problem with the brakes.
Rear diff replaced
Front diff replaced
Front axle replaced
2 drivers side doors and one passenger side door replaced, caused by windows and window motor dropping to the bottom of door.
3 ABS units replaced
3 BCM module's replaced
Center console replaced 3 times, had appointment for the 4th replacement, but got rid of truck instead.
Tranny linkage replaced, stuck in 2 gear.
2 front passenger seats replaced.
Both rear axle seals replaced.
Numerous TSB's, although most never caused me a serious problem before hand.

·
Registered
188 Posts
@ 15k now on My Jan '05 build date titan. Issues so far besides the BCM harness recall:
..Brake judder fix @4k miles
..Ground wire issue (TSB) @12k
..trans Flexplate @14k

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Brake judder taken care of at 2000 miles, missing antenna mounting bolt fixed, serpentine belt replaced for noise, KC rear door wiring harness recall and that's it since 12-03-05 and 8200 miles...lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Brake judder fixed under warranty at about 7k miles. ALL good since then...now at 32000 miles. Want to buy it? LE silver King Cab...let me know.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts