Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a few questions about my new Titan if you would. Do all have the cabin filter? Is the ticking in which I think is injectors when the engine is warm and idling normal? I just changed my oil today after 1500 miles so I don't have many miles on it yet but I am about to head to Denver to haul back a Studebaker truck I just bought so I will see how it pulls. I don't know how many of you guys are in cold climates but I am in northern minnesota where it was 30 to 50 below zero for a couple of weeks this last winter. Is thier a block heater for this engine? I have read what you guys have been saying about synthetic oil but I will have you know that when it is 40 below zero conventional engine oil does not like to go through the oil pump where Mobil 1 will pump instantly without bearing rattle and other rude engine noises until it warms up. I would really like to know if I could find a block heater for it though. My biggest problem is I am a 100 miles from the nearest Nissan dealer so hopefully you guys can help me a little. Thanks the Titan Nut.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Hello Titan nut!

It is my understanding that the SE and the LE's have the Cabin filter (This is what sticks in my head for some reason). Maybe one of the XE guys can take a peek on thiers to check.

As far as the block heater, I have not heard of any 'cold weather pkgs' etc that include one as far as from Nissan so for that I believe you will have to find an aftermarket.

Towing the car shouldn't be any issue and I think you will be surprised at how nicely it handles a load.

Chris

·
Registered
662 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Hello Titan nut!

It is my understanding that the SE and the LE's have the Cabin filter (This is what sticks in my head for some reason). Maybe one of the XE guys can take a peek on thiers to check.Chris
This is correct, CaliTitan.

·
Registered
101 Posts
cabin filter

CaliforniaTitan said:
Hello Titan nut!

It is my understanding that the SE and the LE's have the Cabin filter (This is what sticks in my head for some reason). Maybe one of the XE guys can take a peek on thiers to check.

As far as the block heater, I have not heard of any 'cold weather pkgs' etc that include one as far as from Nissan so for that I believe you will have to find an aftermarket.

Towing the car shouldn't be any issue and I think you will be surprised at how nicely it handles a load.

Chris
Whats the best way to tell if you have a cabin filter?..

·
Registered
740 Posts
Block heater

They are standard in Canada and are factory installed - you should be able to get the block heater from Jamie at TitanParts! I am sure he will ship.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I noticed today when I changed my oil that there is an unobstructed freeze plug right next to the oil filter that is real easy to get to. If you add a block heater this might be a easy place to install it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cabin Air Filters on SE's

It's not standard on SE's. It is on Armada's, however. I installed mine the first week I had the truck and it didn't seem to make a bit of difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Hello Titan nut!

Microfilters are standard on SE and LE Crew Cabs only. In rest of models,including all King Cabs they are optional. Easy to install, cost about $27 and takes 20 mins to put in place.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Checked for a block heater on mine. It is there. It was installed by the factory because it was dropped off at my dealers sometime last night. They wouldn't have been able to install it. So you should be abe to get one from Jamie at Titanparts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey guys!! where would the block heater and the plug in be found? Its an american truck which got imported to canada. Is their any chance it would have a block heater?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello,
I have a few questions about my new Titan if you would. Do all have the cabin filter? Is the ticking in which I think is injectors when the engine is warm and idling normal? I just changed my oil today after 1500 miles so I don't have many miles on it yet but I am about to head to Denver to haul back a Studebaker truck I just bought so I will see how it pulls. I don't know how many of you guys are in cold climates but I am in northern minnesota where it was 30 to 50 below zero for a couple of weeks this last winter. Is thier a block heater for this engine? I have read what you guys have been saying about synthetic oil but I will have you know that when it is 40 below zero conventional engine oil does not like to go through the oil pump where Mobil 1 will pump instantly without bearing rattle and other rude engine noises until it warms up. I would really like to know if I could find a block heater for it though. My biggest problem is I am a 100 miles from the nearest Nissan dealer so hopefully you guys can help me a little. Thanks the Titan Nut.
I'm in MN also and use synthetic in everything - vehicles, mowers, snowblower, and 4-stroke outboards. There is a definite advantage to cold weather starts and reducing start-up wear. There is also a benefit to hot weather use such as towing. I have been using Pennzoil Platinum for a couple of years based on the positives I've read about it on this site: Bob Is The Oil Guy - Powered by Motor Oil

I do have a cabin filter in my truck and won't be replacing it until next summer (it's an '08 LE with 8,00 miles).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts