Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since installing headers, my gas mileage has plummeted. No, it's not because my right foot got heavier. :lol:

Before, I was getting 15 to 16 mpg with mixed driving. Now I'm seeing 12 or less. :ftard:

When installing the headers, the battery was disconnected for over a day. So I know that reset the ECU. Maybe mileage will improve as the ECU relearns?

Anyone else see a decline in mileage with headers not attributed to spirited driving? :confused:

Might have to sell the BDGT and get an UpRev tune.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I have not seen a drop in gas mileage, but i have Uprev. Give the ECU around 300 miles to learn the headers and to rewrite the long term fuel trim. Here lately my milage has gone up from 17 to 18 and occasionally i see 19-20.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
yea.. wait and see if your truck leans out a tad, but you are probably running pig rich after the swap.. gonna need uprev for longterm fix..

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Since installing headers, my gas mileage has plummeted. No, it's not because my right foot got heavier. :lol:

Before, I was getting 15 to 16 mpg with mixed driving. Now I'm seeing 12 or less. :ftard:

When installing the headers, the battery was disconnected for over a day. So I know that reset the ECU. Maybe mileage will improve as the ECU relearns?

Anyone else see a decline in mileage with headers not attributed to spirited driving? :confused:

Might have to sell the BDGT and get an UpRev tune.
that has been the general concensus is that the handhelds cannot compensate enough for the LT's. I am certainly doing UpRev for mine, cool thing is I am moving to the Dallas area, not too far from Austin.

Reactions: Misfit

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Probably running rich... My gas mileage is pretty bad, but it was even worse before the re-tune.

Reactions: Misfit

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
that has been the general concensus is that the handhelds cannot compensate enough for the LT's. I am certainly doing UpRev for mine, cool thing is I am moving to the Dallas area, not too far from Austin.
that's cool im in grand prairie, about 15 miles south west of dallas :)

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
After I installed the DTLT's on Wednesday my AFR's went from 12.6-13.0 to 12.9-13.4 but that would actually improve my fuel eco. Your truck might react different and it might be running richer. You need Uprev man!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I have been pretty consistant at 14mpg mixed driving with headers. I have no tune at all...not even a plug in programmer.

When I was lifted on 35s I was getting 10-12mpg on the freeway which really irritated me. I lowered the truck and put the 22s back on it and put new spark plugs in. I'm now getting 16mpg mixed and in the neighborhood of 20mpg on the freeway at 70mph.

I managed to get a combined 18mpg last night and that included a lot of uphill driving and 3 races from a 55mph roll (I won all 3 races). Needless to say, I think that its just your truck.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Mine ran richer after the header install. UpRev took care of it for me and I gained about 1.5 mpg.

Glad to see you finally got the headers in man!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Seems the ECU finally adjusted.

I honestly thought my gas gauge was broken the past few days. It wasn't showing the normal position in relation to the miles driven since last fuel up.

So I topped the tank off this morning. 17.5mpg! :) That's mixed driving, with me doing some full throttle runs. That's about 1.5mpg gain for me. The headers are doing their job for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts