Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Kansas City. I have the ability to fly out to Carmax in DC for the exact truck I am looking for, an XE crew with preferred package. MSRP is 26710, invoice is $24146. I have the ability to buy it for 23,852, but I have to fly out to DC to get it. They are not allowed to transport it to the Carmax here.

Is the flight and 1500 mile drive worth it?

I think so since I won't have to order it and wait 90 days even though I will have to take time out to do it.

Opinions please...

·
Registered
108 Posts
ylekiot1 said:
I live in Kansas City. I have the ability to fly out to Carmax in DC for the exact truck I am looking for, an XE crew with preferred package. MSRP is 26710, invoice is $24146. I have the ability to buy it for 23,852, but I have to fly out to DC to get it. They are not allowed to transport it to the Carmax here.

I think so since I won't have to order it and wait 90 days even though I will have to take time out to do it.

Opinions please...
I vote yes. You'll spend $300 - $400 on the flight and travel, and 1500 miles is a 2 day drive. For that you get a truck barely over invoice (!!) and get it 87 days sooner than by ordering. :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
do it buddy, no hesitation

·
Registered
232 Posts
AND....
When you get it home the break in period is over.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would do it... Nissan consumer affairs found the exact truck I wanted in Michigan (800 miles away from me here in Massachusetts). I called the dealer and told them where I was calling from, and I believe they thought I was trying to work out a dealer trade and I don't think they were interested in doing that so they were very brief and unfriendly with me, and said they already sold the truck. I ended up ordering but the wait is driving me NUTS!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I did the trip for my LE CC 4x4. Found it in Dallas back in December when none of the dealers around Florida had any 4x4s. Took a fly to Dallas, got there at 10 AM, left at 1 PM and made it to South Florida the following morning by noon. I got to enjoy my truck al least two months earlier than if I waited to order it. I would do it again without hesitation.

·
Registered
780 Posts
get it 87 days sooner

i'd do it just to "...get it 87 days sooner."

Me and my wife enjoyed our 1,600 miles trip last weekend (for a brief visit to my dad: a Ret. Colonel, US Army) to Arizona. -- was a great reason to enjoy the truck (Dad approved, said he'd get one, if he could still drive)

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
ylekiot1 said:

Opinions please...
I think it would be worth it if the Titan was anywhere in the continental U.S.

While you are driving back in your new Titan you will be thinking two things: "Why did I ever ask this question?" and "God, I love this truck!"

·
Registered
359 Posts
How VERY true, Bayou Titan! :cheers: Ylekiot1, my response comes as a simple ryhme: Get it, you won't regret it! :hat:

·
Registered
230 Posts
ylekiot1 said:

Opinions please...
I'd say most definitely hop a flight and enjoy the drive home. One thing i'd do though is have them email you some digital pics of the truck to make sure there's no dents, dings, stains, etc. That way you don't make the trip for a truck that's not 100%.

If you tell me what dealer and give me the specs (color, 2WD/4WD, VIN if you have it) i might be able to go and take a look at it for you and take some digi-pics and email them to ya. You could let the dealer know i'm coming too, that way they know you're extremely interested.

The only problem is that this week is gonna be tough. I am working Mon-Thurs 3PM-1AM, have court Fri 8AM and going back to PA for the weekend.

Let me know though and i'll see what i can work out. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts