Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like title says I got some questions for the Bilstein 5100s.

1. Do I need any extra hardware? (does it come with everything, ex. washers)
2. Would I need bumpstops?
3. Are they still on back order?
4. Where is the best place to get them? (that I wont have to wait a month to get them shipped)
5. Im going to be putting my 08 2wd springs on them and put them at 0, so I should only gain .5" with the bilsteins right? (Im gonna put them with my 1.5" leveling kit)

Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to use the search but everytime I use it, I can never find the correct information

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Being on back order would be likely anywhere you order them. Shockware house has the best prices IMO.
Now, for being .5" longer does not mean that you get that much extra lift. By increasing the length of the shock only increase your drop length. Meaning, it pushes your UCA .5" higher than stock. Placing the 5100s on any of the other preloaded settings will raise your front end.
Everything will be in the box. Just make sure you use the top washer from your existing stock shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Like title says I got some questions for the Bilstein 5100s.

1. Do I need any extra hardware? (does it come with everything, ex. washers)
2. Would I need bumpstops?
3. Are they still on back order?
4. Where is the best place to get them? (that I wont have to wait a month to get them shipped)
5. Im going to be putting my 08 2wd springs on them and put them at 0, so I should only gain .5" with the bilsteins right? (Im gonna put them with my 1.5" leveling kit)

Thanks, Dan
1. no, all hardware will be reused except the top nut and washer in the old shock boot. That washer is supplied wth new kit along with the nut. Also the washer goes on first.
2. Yes you should use 2" bump stops with the bilstiens and the 1.5 spacer.
3. no clue call ahead before you purchase.
4. I ordered from shockwarehouse.com and had superior service and price but others have had poor customer service. I also read about people waiting months. I had my fronts in 7 days at my door.
5. You can try it but my guess would be UCA to coil bucket contact. You can try and grind the lip but I doubt it will work. The spacer is .85" thick and the shock is another .50" and mine hit pretty bad when I tried it.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright thanks for the help everybody

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Being on back order would be likely anywhere you order them. Shockware house has the best prices IMO.
Now, for being .5" longer does not mean that you get that much extra lift. By increasing the length of the shock only increase your drop length. Meaning, it pushes your UCA .5" higher than stock. Placing the 5100s on any of the other preloaded settings will raise your front end.
Everything will be in the box. Just make sure you use the top washer from your existing stock shocks.
According to PRG, the initial 1/2" of extra lift from the 5100 is from the bottom spring perch location being higher, which preloads the coil, lifting the Titan 1/2", at the lowest setting.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I got mine at desert rat for $99 a piece in tempe az

·
Registered
258 Posts
Can you give me more info on using the stock washer? I didnt use it when i put my 5100's on, and ive been getting a squeeking noise. Is this possibly the problem?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
According to PRG, the initial 1/2" of extra lift from the 5100 is from the bottom spring perch location being higher, which preloads the coil, lifting the Titan 1/2", at the lowest setting.

Interesting. Greg and I spoke on this subject less than two weeks ago. Either I might have misunderstood him but I thought he did mentioned that 1/2" of length became the wrong assumption on the boards and he's wasn't sure how it got started, thus the reason I brought it up.

I will ask him again first of the year when I order my Radflows..

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Interesting. Greg and I spoke on this subject less than two weeks ago. Either I might have misunderstood him but I thought he did mentioned that 1/2" of length became the wrong assumption on the boards and he's wasn't sure how it got started, thus the reason I brought it up.

I will ask him again first of the year when I order my Radflows..
When he was welding on my traction bars three weeks ago, he told me it was the 5100's spring perch location causing the initial 1/2" of lift. This gives the coils preload on the bottom setting, giving the 1/2" lift when set to the 0 position. I asked him if this was also the case with the HD's and he said no, that they were the same as stock struts. Maybe he found more information after I talked with him. Hopefully he'll get my new rear shocks in soon, and I'll ask him again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts