Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD unit to install in my 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. I have never installed a unit myself, but I keep reading on the reviews that it's an easy unit to install. The local audio store wants to charge me $80 for labor plus the cost of the parts to install it. I am not certain on how much the parts will end up being. Does anyone else have an idea? Or should I purchase the parts myself and take everything in for them to install?

According to the website, the AVH-4200DVD comes with Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Receiver, Wiring Harness, Installation Hardware, Owner's Manual in the box. I know that I will need a dash kit. Some have suggested the Metra Dash Kit that fits 04-07 Nissan Titans. What else will I need to purchase parts-wise for the install? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry, if some of these are dumb questions, I'm a newbie at all of this.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I just ordered a Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD unit to install in my 2005 Nissan Titan Crew Cab. I have never installed a unit myself, but I keep reading on the reviews that it's an easy unit to install. The local audio store wants to charge me $80 for labor plus the cost of the parts to install it. I am not certain on how much the parts will end up being. Does anyone else have an idea? Or should I purchase the parts myself and take everything in for them to install?

According to the website, the AVH-4200DVD comes with Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Receiver, Wiring Harness, Installation Hardware, Owner's Manual in the box. I know that I will need a dash kit. Some have suggested the Metra Dash Kit that fits 04-07 Nissan Titans. What else will I need to purchase parts-wise for the install? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry, if some of these are dumb questions, I'm a newbie at all of this.
i put the same deck in my 06 titan and it is easy if you are a handyman.
i bought my dash kit from amazon.com for about 30$ and the hardware is included which means you dont need to use anything but the wirng out the pioneer box. your problem will come when you take the factory radio out, it has about four plugs: two is on the screen which is mounted on the back of the bezel and two on the unit. one thing to know is DO NOT unplug the airbag sensor light with the keyswitch on, that will reset it and you will have to reprogram it. the instructions that come with the new dash kit has all that info about the airbag light and i will show you pics of my deck. you wont have to purchase anything else for it unless youre putting an amp in it, oh yeah it works damn good with the ipod and the iphone with the music.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Got the same unit and love it in my 05 XE. Didn't like the way it mounded up because it wasnt sitting flush so I ended up making my own brackets but other than that I love it! If you plan to watch any type of movies while you drive you will need this.... your welcome :)

YouTube - Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD Bypass & AVH-P5200DVD Bypass

·
Registered
506 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts