Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I really need uprev for JBA HEADER'S. I have the Bully dog already. Will I get 30-40 more horsepower still without uprev. Looking for options on a little more gain in power..

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
The BDGT does not adjust AFR's which the headers will throw AFR's off. I have been there and done that personally and ended up with Uprev. Non flex trucks go lean and flex trucks go rich either is not good for the life of the engine. Headers and BDGT with bpipes and a cai on my 05 flex made 311HP and the rear tires and Uprev woke it up from there. Video of that dyno is on my website www.cajunbpipe.com. I think someone reported 20hp with headers alone somewhere. I recommend Uprev to run headers safely.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
The Cajun stage 1 is proven to provide 50rwhp and totally transform the Titan or Armada. Do your research before you spend a dime as the manifolds cost more and fail quick.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
These guys both know what they are talking about ^

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
Actually headers are less than 500. Uprev is 550. Those two combined are still cheaper than OEM nissan replacements, and also cheaper than trying to run a BDGT long term with wrong AFR trims/targets. Your fuel mileage will suffer and the truck will never be 100%. And its more than 20hp at the crank.

Sell you're BDGT and make some money back, now you're in it all for less than a grand. Its a worthy and logical investment in the long run. Headers, Uprev and trutrac with axle vent mod, you will have a solid and long lasting powertrain. The rest is preventative maintenance and wear items.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts