Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, sorry I do not have any pics, but see if you guys can help me.

I have an '08 LE. In between the gauges is the info center. If you look at the selections, you have 4 options, Skip, Mainence, Alert and something else.

Anyway if you select Alert it gives you an option to turn Icy on or off, what the heck does that mean? They do not even show it in the owners manual, anyone else play with this, do they have it in the earlier models?

There is also another option under there, but I cannot remember...

Any help?

·
Registered
740 Posts
The word "icy" will show on your temp display when the temp gets below a certain temp. 35 degrees I believe. Not sure the exact temp though. Most Nissans with outside temp display will have this alert. My 03 Maxima had it. Just a dummy alert to let you know the roads my be icy.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
A warning will come on to tell you the the road conditions are below freezing. Try reading your Owners manual, also you can set your oil filter and oil change under maintance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew all the maintenance stuff, but when I look at my owners manual it seriously only shows three selections on that screen not the fourth one. There is nothing in the entire section! Perhaps it is somewhere else in there.

Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I get the word "ICE" for a few seconds when the temp goes below about 38* or so. It can't be turned off that I'm aware of nor should it be an issue. It flashes for only a few seconds and serves as a simple reminder that if the road is wet, be careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts