Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done research on this year model titan? I am thinking about selling my 2004 with 90K miles on it and purchasing the 2008.

I am sure my 2004 intake and exhaust would bolt straight up but what about software, does UPREV have plans for the 2008? Has anyone done performance testing on the 2008 models yet to see if they changed anything like better power up top like the Tundra etc. I notice the cosmetic and brake upgrades which are nice...

Appreciate the information...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Brink1971 said:
Anyone done research on this year model titan? I am thinking about selling my 2004 with 90K miles on it and purchasing the 2008.

I am sure my 2004 intake and exhaust would bolt straight up but what about software, does UPREV have plans for the 2008? Has anyone done performance testing on the 2008 models yet to see if they changed anything like better power up top like the Tundra etc. I notice the cosmetic and brake upgrades which are nice...

response to your comment to the exhaust bolting up. i recently was told by an exhaust manufacturer that the exhaust for the 04-06 will not fit on my 07?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
sirkustoms said:
response to your comment to the exhaust bolting up. i recently was told by an exhaust manufacturer that the exhaust for the 04-06 will not fit on my 07?
I think thats because the 07's didnt use a Y-pipe and had a dual in single out setup while the 04-06 uses a single in single out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Brink1971 said:

I inquired about the UpRev and this is the response “We can’t support 08 Titans yet. Nissan changed the ECU architecture for 08, so we have to reverse engineer it all over again”.

·
Registered
24 Posts
:grunge: I can't help you on the software but I do own an 08SE and it does have true duals into the muffler and a single exit. I have had problems with the brakes already at 100 miles! The front brake pads rattled over bumps and they (nissan dealer)said all they could do is grease the shims untill nissan issues a TSB.

·
Registered
43 Posts
08SE said:
:grunge: I can't help you on the software but I do own an 08SE and it does have true duals into the muffler and a single exit. I have had problems with the brakes already at 100 miles! The front brake pads rattled over bumps and they (nissan dealer)said all they could do is grease the shims untill nissan issues a TSB.
I picked up my 2008 titan and drove 1 mile and turned around ,went back to the dealer to check out the rotors/brakes/whatever. The brakes feel like it has a warped rotor.

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
I'm getting a little vibration in my 08, and the a bad rattle in the driver door. Its run a bit rough so far and its had me worried that it was going to sputter out on several occasions. It doesn't like to be at speed then letting off the gas to reduce speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts