Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a couple of things I need to find out before going for service, since dealer that sold car to me is very uncooperative.
Questions as follow:
1. Is button to lock all windows supposed to light at night, like rest of buttons(I was told - NOT). How about mirror controls, radio controls and cruise controls?

2.Does Windshield and side windows say Carflex or Nissan on corner.(Problem is - they charged me for etching, but there is none.Dealer trying to make a fool out of me, saying that Carflex and DOT number right under is etching).

·
Registered
56 Posts
StvMLNJ said:
There is a couple of things I need to find out before going for service, since dealer that sold car to me is very uncooperative.
Questions as follow:
1. Is button to lock all windows supposed to light at night, like rest of buttons(I was told - NOT). How about mirror controls, radio controls and cruise controls?

2.Does Windshield and side windows say Carflex or Nissan on corner.(Problem is - they charged me for etching, but there is none.Dealer trying to make a fool out of me, saying that Carflex and DOT number right under is etching).
They bent you over on #2. All Titans come with that. And mine is an XE.

#1, well, I can't find the cruise buttons in the dark, either. The braille on them is cute, but not very helpful. Over time, I'll figure it out, I guess. Mine has no power windows, but on the LE I test drove, I couldn't find the window controls or mirror controls at night.

·
Registered
232 Posts
1 = No, I think the only thing that lights is the power window buttons. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Just the power windows buttons, not the lock, I thought my light had burned out or something too. I guess they dont want you using cruise at night and no radio controls either. Wish that little light between the interior lights up front would light up my stering wheel instead of my cup holders cause the airbag light is bright enough for that.

·
Super Moderator
35,752 Posts
sleightofhand said:
Just the power windows buttons, not the lock, I thought my light had burned out or something too. I guess they dont want you using cruise at night and no radio controls either. Wish that little light between the interior lights up front would light up my stering wheel instead of my cup holders cause the airbag light is bright enough for that.
After using the steering radio controls for a while, you won't have to look at them, the memory will be automatic. You shouldn't have to take your eyes off the road any more to change volume, mode, tracks, etc. I suppose it will be the same for the cruise although I haven't used it yet. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
They bent you over on #2. All Titans come with that. And mine is an XE.
all titans come with etching??? mine is an xe and i too have etching, but the thing is the dealer didnt want to offer their "advertised price" because they put "add ons" on the truck that they cant take off like the window etching, so they charged me for these things. well, i got them to take off the price of all the "extras" they put on except the window etching, this is one thing they insisted that i pay for. they made it sound like they put it on and had to charge and extra $189 for it, no way around it. its not the matter of the $189, its just that if this is true(that they titans come with etching), the dealer lied to me AGAIN. i enjoy my titan very much but my buying experience with the dealership was terrible, and it looks like it might have just got worse! :futwice:

·
Registered
58 Posts
WOW...That dealer needs to be reported to somebody. That is not etching on the windows it is the name of the glass company and Department of Transportation number. It is on alot of cars not just the Nissan Titan. I used to do bodywork for many years and most replacement name brand windows had the maker of the glass stamped in them. I think they owe you a set of fog lamps or a refund.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Driver's window
Carlex
AS2
DOT467 M046

Windshield
Carlex
AS1
DOT467 M336

The passenger side window is a mirror image of the drivers window.

These are the only etchings on my truck's windows. They are standard on most vehicles, and I think required by law to prove it is DOT glass. None have the VIN, without which, an etching is worthless. So, unless your dealer etched and can show you the VIN, I'd ask for my money back. That is one load of crap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts