Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find the unloaded front/rear axle weight distribution for my '06 KC, BT, 4x4. Car and Driver always reports these figures but they tested a CC. Obviously pick-ups are typically nose heavy but does anyone know the exact figures? (i.e. 56% front, 44% rear). Could not find anything in the manual either. Thanks and Happy Weekend! :gunz:

·
Registered
969 Posts
feels like 75-25

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think it is 60/40

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I weighed mine, and got 51/49 at 5340, with loaded toolboxes mounted between wheel well and tailgate. I was a bit surprised it was that even.

Truckstop only cost 9 bucks for 1 weigh, or 10 bucks for 2 weighs. Great to weigh with and without a trailer hooked up, and learn the true tongue weight.

·
Registered
740 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I weighed mine, and got 51/49 at 5340, with loaded toolboxes mounted between wheel well and tailgate. I was a bit surprised it was that even.

Truckstop only cost 9 bucks for 1 weigh, or 10 bucks for 2 weighs. Great to weigh with and without a trailer hooked up, and learn the true tongue weight.

Thats a good idea. I would like to know how much weight to add in the bed to get it to 50/50. I may have to start at a certain weight and go from there. I wonder what adds more weight to the rear axle, putting weight directly over the rear axle, or further back in the bed by the tailgate (by using
leverage). My guess is directly over the tires. I think if you add the weight in the very back of the bed, it may take some weight off the front wheels. Probably not much, but some.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
dmi said:
I have been trying to find the unloaded front/rear axle weight distribution for my '06 KC, BT, 4x4. Car and Driver always reports these figures but they tested a CC. Obviously pick-ups are typically nose heavy but does anyone know the exact figures? (i.e. 56% front, 44% rear). Could not find anything in the manual either. Thanks and Happy Weekend! :gunz:
I have no idea but may I ask why you're looking for that info? Just curious or what? I'm just wondering because I've never thought to ask that...lol.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
2007 TITAN LE said:
Thats a good idea. I would like to know how much weight to add in the bed to get it to 50/50. I may have to start at a certain weight and go from there. I wonder what adds more weight to the rear axle, putting weight directly over the rear axle, or further back in the bed by the tailgate (by using
leverage). My guess is directly over the tires. I think if you add the weight in the very back of the bed, it may take some weight off the front wheels. Probably not much, but some.
Physics doesn't change (not that I ever took that class), but weight behind the rear wheel will affect the balance more than weight on top of the rear wheel. Leverage is not much, but it is still there.

Balance is nice, but not always at the expense of added unneccessary weight. Increasing the Handling qualities is just as important to me as is increased acceleration. After all, I don't drive on the drag strip usually, just the public roads.

Nice weight: I'm loving my Stillen Front and Rear Sway Bars, and PRG Traction Bars! The rear is really glued to the ground, more than expected. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have no idea but may I ask why you're looking for that info? Just curious or what? I'm just wondering because I've never thought to ask that...lol.
My reason for asking is that when I came over to Nissan from F150 world I noticed handling characteristics that were far superior to the Fords. The truck feels much more balanced and doesn't understeer or plow into corners like other trucks. Now I have put a canopy on and I should think that would balance the weight even more. Just curious as to the dry weight distribution as I don't always haul alot of stuff around.

Looks like I need to find a scale. I think they have one east of me a bit.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I would like to get a 50/50 weight distribution for snow traction. It can only help in 4X4 to get added traction. It may hinder gas mileage, but I would rather have better traction.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
dmi said:
My reason for asking is that when I came over to Nissan from F150 world I noticed handling characteristics that were far superior to the Fords. The truck feels much more balanced and doesn't understeer or plow into corners like other trucks. Now I have put a canopy on and I should think that would balance the weight even more. Just curious as to the dry weight distribution as I don't always haul alot of stuff around.

Looks like I need to find a scale. I think they have one east of me a bit.
Oh ok. Yeah for some reason, Nissan really did its homework in the handling department. Not quite sure how they do it. Sorry I couldn't help.

·
Registered
969 Posts
^^ using a car setup for the front suspension might be it.. then again, so i've been told

but unlike the fords we get little frame flex in the rear. like this has the most impact

1 - 12 of 12 Posts