Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone elses Titan do this or are they all like this??? When i go from neutral to D or R- the truck goes off pretty fast from a stop and goes up to about 9 miles an hour- usually when i have had previous autos whe you go form neutral to D or R it goes slowly instead of like flying off from a stop like mine is doing now. Just wanting to see if anyone else has the issue or if its even an issue- The truck does not seem to be idleing high either
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,143 Posts
Haha, yeah mine does that sometimes too. I don't know what causes it to do that, but it can be pretty annoying. I think the truck just wants to up and run on me (it doesn't like staying still).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,600 Posts
DrewShoaf said:
Does anyone elses Titan do this or are they all like this??? When i go from neutral to D or R- the truck goes off pretty fast from a stop and goes up to about 9 miles an hour- usually when i have had previous autos whe you go form neutral to D or R it goes slowly instead of like flying off from a stop like mine is doing now. Just wanting to see if anyone else has the issue or if its even an issue- The truck does not seem to be idleing high either
??????????????? I'm not understanding your question.
On my truck the harder I press the accelerator the faster it goes:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tnbowhunter said:
??????????????? I'm not understanding your question.
On my truck the harder I press the accelerator the faster it goes:rolleyes:

Without even pressing the gas pedal, it trys to take off and go fast in reverse and drive (no pedal action at all) Just wants to get up and go on me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,486 Posts
Perhaps you should consider putting your foot on the BRAKE PEDAL before shifting it into gear.

Let's try and use at least a little common sense, OK? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
385 ft lbs of torque hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,952 Posts
DrewShoaf said:
Does anyone elses Titan do this or are they all like this??? When i go from neutral to D or R- the truck goes off pretty fast from a stop and goes up to about 9 miles an hour- usually when i have had previous autos whe you go form neutral to D or R it goes slowly instead of like flying off from a stop like mine is doing now. Just wanting to see if anyone else has the issue or if its even an issue- The truck does not seem to be idleing high either
I understand what you're saying and I bet it has something to do with the torque converter either being cold and or not broke in yet.

At any rate - you should always put it on the brake when changing from neutral/park to drive or reverse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
I see in your profile you have a 05 KC, Correct? If so check and see if there is carbon build up on the back side of the throttle body butterfly. Carbon build up will not let the TB close all the way and the ecu thinks you have your foot on the accelerator pedel, the idle speed will not change unless it is excessive build up. I had the same problem on a couple of chevy's i owned,TBI and Vortec MPI, same as our titan. With the truck off push open the TB butterfly with your fingers and spray it with carburetor cleaner to remove the carbon, may need to whipe it down with a lint free rag. Let it set a few minutes to let the CC to evaporate, then start the truck it will run very rough, may have it push on the Acc. Pedal to keep it running for a couple seconds. This is how i clean the TB on all of my vehicles, and it has never harmed any of my ecu sensors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,481 Posts
if you fool your ecu by going from N to D then Back to N instantly you will see the tach surge, timing is added when you go into any gear (R, D) to keep the truck from stalling or getting below the magical 400RPM (under 400RPM crank sensors wont read). this may cause an inital suge when going into gear....

however, i would check for carbon buildup on the BACK of the throttle plate...

also if the vehicle is cold (below normal operating temp), or has been running for only a short period of time then it is idling high enough to do what you are describing (although it may be hard to tell it is idling higher)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Yahooligan said:
Perhaps you should consider putting your foot on the BRAKE PEDAL before shifting it into gear.

Let's try and use at least a little common sense, OK? ;)
Is that what that pedal is on the left beside the gas is! Of course i use the brake pedal when shifting- i have even shifted with the break on and sat there for a min to see what happens,let the RPMs drop from teh inital shift surge then take the foot off the break and it wants to get up and go right then- ill try to check for the carbon though as some of the post suggested
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
after 13k mine is starting to do that little bit im sure that is something i can do myself i thought about taking it to the stealership
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
392 Posts
DrewShoaf said:
Is that what that pedal is on the left beside the gas is! Of course i use the brake pedal when shifting- i have even shifted with the break on and sat there for a min to see what happens,let the RPMs drop from teh inital shift surge then take the foot off the break and it wants to get up and go right then- ill try to check for the carbon though as some of the post suggested
Mine doesn't do this, though I do get the shift surge. I just noticed you're from Lexington, I'm like 15 min from you depending on what part of lexington you're at. What part?? I'm right on the Hornytown side of K-ville. I got my exhaust from Scott's over in Reedy Creek(sp?), Scott's or Scotty's over at the old Reedy Creek drag strip.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
[GregP] Try lowering your idle speed ...
You have to have access to a consult 2, $4000 diagnostic tool, or go to the dealer to adjust the idle speed. With the DBW you can not reset it yourself, ECU controlled.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top