Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at CAI's currently. It's a tough decision as I want a good sound from it to compliment my dual exhaust while also getting good performance. Anyone notice their exhaust getting louder after putting on a CAI? I would think that more air in = more air out = louder exhaust.

Does anyone know what the loudest intake is? I like the AFE Stage II, S&B (looks kinda cheap though), AEM Brute Force, and the Injen (nicest looking). I've got about $300 bucks to work with on it. I can kick a little more in if needed.

I'm also gonna get ahold of my local Nissan Dealership tonight to see if they know anything about the 2* advance.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I have seen the Injen in an Armada and a Titan, and I think it looks out of place with the rest of the engine components. I just don't think a brushed dull stainless look blends in with a dark colored engine compartment. It looks like a silver colored gallon of milk sitting in there. Now the S&B looks great, being black, and flows well with the overall engine components. There is nothing cheap looking about the S&B intake, if you saw it in person.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
after tons of reading I think I've made my mind up and am going to get the Volant. I read a lot of good things about it, same with the s&b

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've had a volant before and I currently have an S&B. The quality is the same. If the lids were the same color you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. Keep in mind the Volant is the loudest of the bunch. The injen is very nice though especially if you get the polished tube version.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
what was your reasoning behind dropping the Volant and switching to s&b?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sorry, I had a volant on my last car. Nothin wrong with it but it was loud as sin and vibrated the whole cab whenever you were accelerating even if it was under a light load. The material and construction of it was dead on my current S&B. The S&B is no mouse as far as sound level but its suppose to be quieter on the Titan then the volant. I couldnt tell you first hand. I got it from Shailey's post on the "other" site. He did a really comprehensive test on all the major CAI's for the Titan. He did dyno and track runs and the S&B was on the top of his list list next to the injen. But his last post mentioned the new Stillen box as bein somethin to consider.

note: I do admit I'm very interested in their new powercore filter by volant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts