Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this surfing Google News last night. I am surprised I am the first one posting it:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=125504

Nissan Gives Green Light to Light Commercial Truck Business in U.S.

Date posted: 04-08-2008

DETROIT — Nissan announced on Monday that it will launch light commercial vehicles in North America starting in 2010, making its underutilized truck plant in Canton, Mississippi, the hub of U.S. production.

The first of three new products, all designed specifically for North America, will debut in the first half of 2010. Nissan North America named former Ford executive Joe Castelli its vice president of light commercial vehicles and fleets.

The company said it will invest $118 million to expand Canton's production facilities to build the vehicles.

"Globally, the LCV business is now a substantial part of Nissan's sales and profitability, representing a significant part of Nissan total vehicle sales," said Andy Palmer, Nissan Motor vice president and head of the LCV global business unit. "We already have major operations in Japan, China and Europe and so it is natural that we are now ready to expand our business in North America."

Nissan said Cummins Inc. will provide engines for the vehicles, while ZF Friedrichshafen will make the transmissions.

What this means to you: Once Nissan establishes a working relationship with Cummins in the U.S., can a diesel-powered, heavy-duty Titan be that far behind? — Anita Lienert, Correspondent

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
It's been posted. I only wish they'd actually say something specifically about our beloved Titan. I've not read anything yet that does. Intuitively, I agree with your conjecture about what it could mean, but until I read or see it.... :dunno: I'll just hide and watch.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i would is a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
this is the sole reason for the joint effort with Dodge and nissan to build the new Titans. to get the underpinnings for the Cummins to fit in the Titan. they will be getting a Cummins V-8 diesel and in the near future a Cummins baby diesel to fit into the new 2010-2011 Titan. the only thing about the new Titan is that with Dodges exclusive rights to use the Cummins name; the Titan won't have any of the Cummins badgeing.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
and an alison tranny! whoot whoot

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I'll believe it when I see them rolling off the prodcution line.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in a new Titan with a Cummins Diesel, although I've found that the Duramax Diesels are quite impressive in the Chevrolets! Either way, a slightly smaller displacement with greater mpg would be a great seller!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts