Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have installed the JBA LT's, how many times did you have to re-torque the bolts? Is it just one time or is it something that has to be done at certain intervals forever?

For the bpipes, I notice most people that have new headers and bpipes seem to ALWAYS have problems with their 02 sensors. Is this something I can expect to have a problem with? I will use the catted bpipes.

Also, will I need to cut and extend the 02 sensor cables with the headers and Cajun catted bpipes?

I already have Uprev.

Thanks for any help

-Mike

·
Vendor
2,006 Posts
how many times did you have to re-torque the bolts?
Once is usually enough

For the bpipes, I notice most people that have new headers and bpipes seem to ALWAYS have problems with their 02 sensors.
I would estimate 10% or less of our customers have an O2 sensor problem with new headers. Nowhere near always. Just so happens that the ones who do have issues tend to post about it and those who do not have issues don't :big_grin:

Also, will I need to cut and extend the 02 sensor cables with the headers and Cajun catted bpipes?
Absolutely not, that is a an easy way to give yourself O2 sensor problems :laugh:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the response. Do you know what it is about the headers and or bpipes that does cause 02 sensor problems?

I have JBA catback 40-1400, what size bpipes will I need? 2.5" im assuming? What if I buy bpipes first and leave stock manifolds on, can I buy the bpipes I need to fit the JBA LT's and still fit stock manifolds?

Thanks,

-Mike

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Everything Cajun does is bolt on, so it all fits together. You can do b-pipes first then headers last if you want. As far as O2 problems I think it's just an issue of old O2 sensors, maybe hitting them on something when taking them out, not putting anti-seize in the threads (my issue), etc. Most of us that move to headers are 90k+ miles so by then things are starting to wear out.

I had to re-torque the bolts twice on each side, but it's a simple process. Just leave the wheel well covers off for a few hundred miles until you're sure they're tight.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I would get catless resonated bpipes unless you have to have cats to pass emissions.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have to pass emissions here in Va. Ill be moving to Ny. in the spring and have to pass there as well....

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
New man call me and I can explain the whole process to you. Im available anytime today and my cell is listed on the website. Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts