Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to lifting trucks and i like really big lifted trucks so if i was to put a 15in lift on a titan with 40in tires would i still have good turning and will i be able to do mods to make it ride smooth those are my only 2 main things i really care about??

·
Registered
841 Posts
titan4x4187 said:
can anyone please answer me and give me a link that will answer my questions thanks
Hey Titan4x4187. The best thing I would look into is to go to your local tire dealer and ask for the NEW "44 Narrows". They are a hot new tire out on the market that when paired up with a 3" body lift will allow you to run those massive tires with no worry to your drive train or transmission.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont really plan for it to handle good off road cause i basically want to for looks cause i like trucks really high all i would want is to still be able to turn kinda good and ride ok but not feel every rock.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
titan4x4187 said:
I dont really plan for it to handle good off road cause i basically want to for looks cause i like trucks really high all i would want is to still be able to turn kinda good and ride ok but not feel every rock.
even if it's for on-road performance, those really big lifts hinder on-road capability. Not to mention the fact that your turning radius would really suffer. as for 'ride ok but not feel every rock', that's more based on the coilover/shocks you choose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so if i just spend alittle extra money your sayin i can get a smooth ride and i wouldn care about the turnin radius as long as i still can make turns and **** i dont wanna be busting donuts, i just was the be able to turn on street even if i have to make a wide turn.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seen one of the forums on titantalk that full throttle suspension makes a 15in lift kit for the titan and i seen the guy that had it done it was a black titan the suspension was green and it was on 40in tires and thats exactly what i want to do i love the way the thing looks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Even with really good and expensive coilovers, your going to feel a lot of bumps in the truck. I hope your not thinking it will ride like stock because it definately won't. I have been in a lot of 12"-15" lifted trucks with Kings, Fox, and SAWs; you can still feel a lot in the road.
The trucks looks dam good though. It all depends on you driving a kick a** looking truck for some smooth riding.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
define "offroad like a beast"

do you want to trail ride, or do you want to go desert running?

If trail ride, the CST kit would be best, as you can get higher ground clearance, and fit more rubber under the fenders. if you want to go desert running, then get the PRG 4" Performance package.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah trail ride i just want to be able to get threw a lot of sh!t but also have a nice ride so if i get the cst 7" what size tires???

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
titan4x4187 said:
yeah trail ride i just want to be able to get threw a lot of sh!t but also have a nice ride so if i get the cst 7" what size tires???
35" tires on 17" or 18" rim...don't do 20s unless you want to dent your rim. i'm actually looking at downsizing to an 18" so i can go offroad

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont know if i'm reading wrong but i see everyone with the 7in cst lift is talking about making the back level with the front so the front is higher then the back??

·
Registered
386 Posts
40'' tires and a 15'' lift will make everything suffer... Your tranny is going to wear and unless you upgrade your brakes with a big brake kit you're going to wear through pads and shorten maintinance periods.. And unless you find a way to make your back tires turn your turn radius will suck period, you can't have a huge asz truck with the capabilities as a stock one...?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I<3MYTITAN since i'm prob goin for what you have do you mind measuring from the ground to the bottom of your door?? thanks for helpin me with this **** i'm new to the lifting truck sh!t.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts