Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
We bought it a year ago with 18k miles for around $33k I believe.
That is a really good price for the Armada. Real low mileage also. It really sucks that everything here in California is more expensive. I saw an Armada close to my area and it is a 2018 RWD with 35k miles for sale at the price of 31k. It was rated excellent deal by CarGurus.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
that's what I read also. I imagine I won't have trouble than since our normal temps are over 90 from spring break till almost Christmas. we already had our "100 year snow" a few years back so now it should just be crappy drizzly rain during jan, feb, march, and part of april
I tried doing research on the 2011-2013 Infiniti QX56. I am not 100% certain, but I believe the engine and transmission are the same as the current Armadas and Titans. I found mixed opinions in my search. Half says very reliable like a tank and the other half advices to avoid it like German cars out of warranty. Those older QX56 are tempting also because there are a few of them for sale at the price of 13k, but the vehicles have 120k miles. It is so hard to make a definitive decision lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There is a 2018 Armada for sale close to my area. I passed by earlier to check it out and it looked pretty good. Car has 32k miles and one previous owner. I was not able to test drive due to limited time, but I am planning on taking a second look next week. Car is priced at 33k, but I am certain I can lower that by a few thousand if I negotiate. I checked the window sticker and it only had limited manufacturer warranty. Sales guy could not really speak for additional warranty because it was not a Nissan dealership. You guys think I should take the leap and purchase it if the price is right and all seems well regardless of the cylinder issue? I was thinking about it driving home lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Call Nissan about buying an extended warranty. Nissan will treat you better if you buy from them and service with them. Plus you know it’s not a scam warranty.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
367 Posts
I agree. we got our titan from the local Nissan place and they certified it so we have 5 years / 100k miles of warranty on it. I am sure they won't do that if they don't inspect it and certify it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
The dealership seemed a bit shady, and I noticed some significant exterior and interior wear with damage. My gut is telling me to skip this one. I will continue to browse more out of my county. There are better selections in the bigger areas.If I see a legit Armada then I will jump on it. I will keep the warranty in my mind for my next purchase. I will also ask for the Nissan Exclusive Lifetime Warranty. After doing more reading it seems like the engine knock is the only main issue with this platform. I am almost certain the Armada will be my next vehicle.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Keep checking the Nissan dealer for corporate trade in’s, ours gets them all the time and are usually killer deals, basically new and typically have less than 20k miles on them.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts