Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im am thinking about purchasing a Unichip unit from a member on here. Now i know its nothing compared to Uprev as i have read, but for a 1/3 of the price is it worth it? A buddy of mine with a local shop is an authorized dealer/tuner for Unichip and he says if i can get if for $250 then it is well worth it once he fine tunes it. I know Uprev is the best way to go, but i also dont own a laptop so it would be a little more convenient to just have my friend tune the unichip. The most i plan on doing to my truck is maybe some headers in the future, i already have CAI and catback.

So should i spend $250 and have it tuned or is the Uprev so much better that i should find a laptop and spend $700 on the uprev?

Also does the unichip remove the speed limiter or the partial throttle off the line?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eh, after reading all morning on posts about unichip i dont think ill be getting it. Ill just wait and do uprev and headers.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
"Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night" :rofl:

Good choice beave!

·
Registered
96 Posts
good choice on that one. Can't go wrong with Up-Rev

·
Registered
602 Posts
I was looking at getting a used one from an 04 titan and get it reprogrammed for my 05 and mods. but had a unichip dealer say it would be 650 for the retune. damn thought that was a little high.

·
Registered
754 Posts
dksfowler said:
I was looking at getting a used one from an 04 titan and get it reprogrammed for my 05 and mods. but had a unichip dealer say it would be 650 for the retune. damn thought that was a little high.
I'd pay the x-tra 50 and get uprev w/ osiris and cipher and you could also get it tuned,and when you add more mods you can get it retuned for free. I was about to get the unichip but did some research about the 2 and changed my mind

·
Registered
754 Posts
You could also do hella many different things with uprev also.Just to say how crazy it is. Before uprev tune w/mods.From a dead stop I could spin my tires maby to around 15 mph or so.A while ago matter of fact. I decided to hit it from a dead stop. This is w/ uprev, I spun up to 40, I dont have true trax so I spin pretty crazy from a stop. Also spun them at 20 rolling a few times.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts