Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 crew cab SE. I have recently bought a Rough Country Leveling Kit with the optional 1" block for the rear. My truck is two wheel drive , I am just looking to raise the height and add some new wheels. I'm currently in Afganistan and hoping to order the wheels and tires before I get home. I have 18' factory rims and I am looking to go down to a 16". The ones that I have picked out are the DC-1 Black 16x8 6 on 5.5 with a backspacing of 4.03 and offset of 12mm.I am looking to run Nitto Terra Grappler 305/70/16. Will this work or do I need a larger size tire/ rims . Any information would be helpful

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
No, on the 16s w/o major grinding your brake calipers. I was shocked this has to be done even w/17s on many American Racing Rims. Although minimal grinding according to one infamous member's experience.

I notice my tire-balance weights took up a good 1/8" or more, in-line with the calipers, (with my OEM Off Road Super Duper Alloys). So I asked an "expert", at America's Tire if a 16 would work if they placed the balancing weights in-ward away from the calps. He basiscally said "Eat $ & die" which I sort of already knew". But there have been a couple of peeps that have done it. Good luck if you try!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts