1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
789 Posts
i would hold out for the complete jba system. swapping just the muffler again will not do a whole lot except maybe change the tone.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Spend money now, Spend money later, it's up to you.Iif the flow is not coming apart just wait until you can get the exhaust that you want.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
titanss said:
Spend money now, Spend money later, it's up to you.Iif the flow is not coming apart just wait until you can get the exhaust that you want.
The whole reason this question came about is because my cats failed and came apart and I can hear junk rattling around in my muffler now which I can't stand and Nissan won't cover obviously. So I think I may just may hold out for the JBA. I have not heard one thing bad about it around here so it must be good huh?

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
If the cats went bad they may be still covered with the federal emision warranty. Check your owners manual, if they are make them replace them. If they are not covered its up to up if you want to replace the muffler it will not hurt your truck. My cats went out on my chevy with flows and had the same rattle, when i made my trip to memphis, 5 hour ride, the pieces of the cat in the muffler blew on out and the rattle stoped.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
titanss said:
If the cats went bad they may be still covered with the federal emision warranty. Check your owners manual, if they are make them replace them. If they are not covered its up to up if you want to replace the muffler it will not hurt your truck. My cats went out on my chevy with flows and had the same rattle, when i made my trip to memphis, 5 hour ride, the pieces of the cat in the muffler blew on out and the rattle stoped.
Same thing with mine honestly, i sat in the driveway wrappin' it out, to my neighbors' liking, trying to blow it out some pieces shot out but I guess there are still some stubborn ones that don't want to.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I love my JBA. My only problem with it is I wanted it to be louder but it seem s to be getting a little louder over time.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
debos titan said:
i am doing the same thing going with the evol. my flowmaster 40 was nice at first but the drone is gettin to me.
What do you define as drone because I don't have any overbearing drone in my cab, my car is another story it,s so bad the rear view mirror vibrates at certain rpm points. Honestly, my intake now that I custom sealed it is louder than the muffler for some reason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts