Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles, or how long after you get the truetrac installed do you have to change the oil again, or you dont really have to?
Thanks for any advice

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So does anyone know how long after you have trutrac you have to change your diff oil or if you dont have to?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The Truetrac owners manual says after 500 miles. I'm glad I did mine, as some RTV Sealant had settled into the bottom, and came out easily when I changed fluids. I wouldn't want that mixing with my Gears for a long term. I did not feel any metal fines, but it is a good practce to follow anyway.

Some complain about the cost of the fluid as being a reason to not change the oil; I think that is bogus. I just spent 900-1000 to get this done, I'm not holding back on another 45 bucks, I want to ensure it last. I'll change it again at 60K.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TitanBlue said:
The Truetrac owners manual says after 500 miles. I'm glad I did mine, as some RTV Sealant had settled into the bottom, and came out easily when I changed fluids. I wouldn't want that mixing with my Gears for a long term. I did not feel any metal fines, but it is a good practce to follow anyway.

Some complain about the cost of the fluid as being a reason to not change the oil; I think that is bogus. I just spent 900-1000 to get this done, I'm not holding back on another 45 bucks, I want to ensure it last. I'll change it again at 60K.
yeah i know what ya saying, thanks for the info

·
Registered
909 Posts
TitanBlue said:

Guess I should have read the owners manual before my install shop lost it. Thanks, I didnt know about the 500 mile thing. BTW, after the tt install and mag-hytech diff cover/temp gauge install the hottest I have gotten the diff temp is 115 degrees! Love this set up!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Wow! That is even lower than I thought it would be. 115 is pretty good. I wanted a MagHytec for the temp probe, but got a good price on the Stillen cover. Still may modify to hold a probe someday.

·
Registered
909 Posts
TitanBlue said:
Wow! That is even lower than I thought it would be. 115 is pretty good. I wanted a MagHytec for the temp probe, but got a good price on the Stillen cover. Still may modify to hold a probe someday.
Im lovin mine. The gauge I installed looks factory. See how hot my diff gets when I tow my boat or Travel trailer next.

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
TitanBlue said:
I just drained my diff fluid tonite after the trutrac, and i have to agree that it was kinda gunky for only having 500-600 miles on it. Glad i read this post. :cheers:

On the temp probe, i too run the Stillen diff cover and like the idea of it even though i dont tow. LOL How can it be done?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts