Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for the experts... If I install this on my Titan, how much quieter will it get? i.e. LEAST amount of drone possible regardless of rpm... My mods in signature. After enjoying the Banks, Nismo duels, and now JBA's, I am looking at making my Titan as quiet as possible, without affecting performance of course. :)

Since I ordered the new Berks, I figured I will upgrade the JBA muffler too... LOL I know of many members saying 18" or 22", but what about the one I am looking at? Anyone installed it with headers and liked it? Sound clips?

MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Magnaflow started using that 5x8x24" body on their new 16780 catback to help reduce drone. Prior to that they used a 5x8x18" body. There have been posts from 16780 users that drone is still present, but I would think to a lesser degree than the 18". The 5x11x22" is the quietest.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sudden urge.... So the 22" muffler is quieter than the 24"? hmm... ok. All I needed to know.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have an 07 with the 22" Maggy (dual in/dual out). There is that certain sweet spot while cruising at a fast paced highway speed, that I do get a considerable amount of drone.

Hope this helps. :hi:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have the 22" 16780 (2 in 1 out) drones when driving 60mph - 69mph so when on a 55 speed limit road I set the cruise at 59 and when the speed limit is 65 I set the cruise at 70mph. If I have to drive in the drone range I turn up the tunes :)

Someday I may add a resonator or two to quite it down even more. I don't care to have to loud of an exhaust

·
Premium Member
20,942 Posts
I have the 18" Magnaflow. The drone was bad. My wife complained about it. I put on the resonated Zoomers Cannon tip and it helped a lot with the drone. It's not completely gone but much better. The overall volume decreased also. I have a very difficult time setting off car alarms when I drive through the parking garage now.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I still like the deep growl, but I want the exhaust quieter, drone wise. I guess I will stick to the 22" Magnaflow muffler once the Berks go in.... I love change... haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts