Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple Jeep buddies that have quick release end links installed so they can have the benefits of not having the sway bar connected when offroading and then quickly connect them to get the on road benefits back. Has anyone had something like this fabbed for the T?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I remember hearing something about Greg at PRG looking into it and finding that the mechanism would be too weak and clunky (if I am remember right). I vote to just take the bar off and leave it off if you are running stiffer front springs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its currently off atm due to testing my new radflos and prg ucas. Sort of bent the crap out of the stock endlinks lol. I love it off when im offroading but not enjoying the lack of turning capability when on road.

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you want stronger endlinks you can go with the PRG extended ones, they are pretty beefy, but they aren't quick release. If you haven't had it off for very long, you will eventually get use to how your truck handles on road with it bothering you. Yeah, my truck leans on corners, but it doesn't feel like its going to tip over or unsafe. Even when towing it feels fine and handles irregularities in the road beautifully. Just remember, you are driving a truck, not a sports car.

Also, for me, getting the PRG traction bars helped with the leaning in corners and the boat like feeling. It is almost like having a rear sway bar (almost).

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Just took my PRG endlinks off and zip tied the swaybar up to the bumper supports to see how it does without the bar ... with the OEM coils which "isn't recomended", and I don't think the lean is bad at all. I will probably sell my links, but I think I'll put the DRE, (Icons), coilovers back on first, and try them without the bar again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have the funds for the cst lift kit here in a month or two which is why I haven't bought new end links yet and was also planning on the traction bars. Will see how it feels with just the traction bars before I put the new end links on.

And I've only had it off for a little under a week now so still some getting used too. After driving the T for six years I had the cornering sweet spots figured out so just a matter of adjusting. I'm sure it will be a whole new learning curve once its lifted.

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
I looked into a local 4x4 shop making a set of quick disconnect end links. It was going to be awfully expensive. Plus, how well could you secure the sway bar so that it doesn't make clunking noises every time you hit a bump in the road? So my sway bar is still on, but maybe someday I'll get my guts up and take it off.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just take it off and leave it off. Its one of the best thing ive done to my titan and its free!!

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Its currently off atm due to testing my new radflos and prg ucas. Sort of bent the crap out of the stock endlinks lol. I love it off when im offroading but not enjoying the lack of turning capability when on road.
Have you really given it a chance "on-road"? ... you certainly have to adjust your driving "style", but IMO, I think my truck handles much better on road now, without the ANTI-sway bar, as opposed to when it was installed. This is with a set of SAW's up front.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At A week definately is not enough time to really give it a fair chance but I am starting to get used to it. That extra dip going into corners made me a little leary at first but I'm starting to enjoy it. I guess my only concern now is are you guys experiencing any extra tire wear on the front tires without having the sway bar on, or is it just a matter of a couple extra tire rotations?

·
Registered
989 Posts
I haven't had mine off long enough to tell. However, I don't do a lot of twisty road driving, mostly highway. Plus I rotate my tires every 4000 miles.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
At A week definately is not enough time to really give it a fair chance but I am starting to get used to it. That extra dip going into corners made me a little leary at first but I'm starting to enjoy it. I guess my only concern now is are you guys experiencing any extra tire wear on the front tires without having the sway bar on, or is it just a matter of a couple extra tire rotations?
No extra tire wear here. Been running mine w/o the swaybar for going on 50,000 miles now.

Reactions: lvrider24

·
Registered
76 Posts
How does your truck handle in emergency swerve maneuvers without the sway bar? That is what I'd be most concerned about... in California I'm in traffic most of my time, playing in dirt rarely, but I think I would love to get rid of my sway bar anyway...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
How does your truck handle in emergency swerve maneuvers without the sway bar? That is what I'd be most concerned about... in California I'm in traffic most of my time, playing in dirt rarely, but I think I would love to get rid of my sway bar anyway...
On mine, just a leveling kit on HD's currently, I haven't jerked the wheel yet, but can try that. It handles the s-curves, and the sharp 90 degree curves with 10 mph curve signs, very nice, and just as fast as with the bar. The ride on uneven pavement is so much better, hardly any side to side rocking now, that I went ahead and took it all the way off today, (had it zip tied up to test for a week ~680 miles this week).

My '04 4x4 coils only have around 30K miles on them so aren't worn out, and I believe have a higher spring rate than the '04-'07 2wd coils. I also have the rear PRG traction bars which someone said might make a difference. It's easy to try it with the bar zip tied to the round bumper supports.

edit ... tried jerking the wheel today on a 1/2 mile section of straight highway, and with no other cars around. Was going 55 and probably should have slowed down to try it, but I just noticed the road was empty so threw the wheel to the left and it dove fairly steeply, (startled me a little), but still handled perfectly with no loss of control.

·
Registered
76 Posts
edit ... tried jerking the wheel today on a 1/2 mile section of straight highway, and with no other cars around. Was going 55 and probably should have slowed down to try it, but I just noticed the road was empty so threw the wheel to the left and it dove fairly steeply, (startled me a little), but still handled perfectly with no loss of control.
Thanks for the test! Yeah I probably would have suggested trying 30mph first but good to know it handled 55 ok!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thanks for the test! Yeah I probably would have suggested trying 30mph first but good to know it handled 55 ok!
Ive swerved at 75 mph to avoid an accident and it handled fine. I am very confident in my driving abilities and i felt perfectly safe.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think greg posted somewhere that quick disconnects are noisy when used, and didn't recommend them. but someone can look that up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts