Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys, I'm going to throw this out there and see if it sticks. I started a thread on the quickest non tuned titan, and every one said Rossi was the man. I got some feed back from Rossi and found out I'm quicker than him before he got headers. So here goes titanss IS the Quickest non tuned, no header titan. ET [email protected] mph Let me hear what you think.

Original Thread: http://www.titantalk.com/forums/irc...cing-club/67152-quickest-non-tuned-titan.html

Thread with Rossi's Quote: That 14.6 is without headers!!! I think I ran 14.73 without headers.
http://mightytitans.boardnation.com/...74128#msg74128
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,373 Posts
Congrats! Thats a great time. That's what I think. You've put together a fast truck, and it is an 04, not 07.

The BBK TB Upgrade is my final major performance Mod I want to get. I see you have the PGM, and some other RB stuff, in your Mod list. RB's done a lot of good footwork for the rest of us.

What is the PGM WP Mod?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
TitanBlue said:
Congrats! Thats a great time. That's what I think. You've put together a fast truck, and it is an 04, not 07.

The BBK TB Upgrade is my final major performance Mod I want to get. I see you have the PGM, and some other RB stuff, in your Mod list. RB's done a lot of good footwork for the rest of us.

What is the PGM WP Mod?
Thanks! The PGM WP mod, I modified the wiring harness that came with the PGM to make it Water Proof, WP. I agree Randy is one of the innovators in Titan performance.

You know how to see the Link:

http://www.club titan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39832
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
I think I'll hold that title soon and I'm going to do it in a 08 crew cab. My best on Saturday was a 15.05 at 92.93 and I suck at driving. My 60' times (2.3x-2.4x) verify this. I think with a bit more practice and the timing advance and I'll be there. On stock 18" alloys & tires without a trutrac.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
Mychael101 said:
I think I'll hold that title soon and I'm going to do it in a 08 crew cab. My best on Saturday was a 15.05 at 92.93 and I suck at driving. My 60' times (2.3x-2.4x) verify this. I think with a bit more practice and the timing advance and I'll be there. On stock 18" alloys & tires without a trutrac.
It'll be a cold day in.........uh Texas before you hold this title, lol. With the right weather you have a shot but it'll need to be chilly for certain.
I know of no other non VVT Titan that's close to that time but the VVT guys have a shot at it with no PGM and good weather.
Congratulations on one quick brick my friend, now let's go racing, WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO, lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
I got him on trap speed I just got to nail down the 60' times and I'm hoping the timing advance will improve my 300' and 1/8th times enough to get me there. After the 1/8 mi my truck moves. And if I can catch a 14.8x, then I'll drop some more weight and bring in a hired gun to drive. (105lbs compared to 240lbs).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mychael101 said:
I got him on trap speed I just got to nail down the 60' times and I'm hoping the timing advance will improve my 300' and 1/8th times enough to get me there. After the 1/8 mi my truck moves. And if I can catch a 14.8x, then I'll drop some more weight and bring in a hired gun to drive. (105lbs compared to 240lbs).
I hear ya'. My trap speeds have never been on par with everybody else, my exhaust is holding me back. When you do run quicker than me, you will have the tile, because i added headers last week and will not be able to challenge it. Lets see if i can get the guickest Non Tuned PGM tile next?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
I wish I had headers but I don't want to put anymore money into the truck until I'm a better driver. I don't want to have a dyno queen and I don't want a bunch of mods that I can't realize to their full potential. My R/T's are good I just need to work on where my truck likes to stall and then figure what works best for the stock rubber until I can find 2 spares for an 08 and have some drag radials mounted on them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Mychael, you need to take a shot at my time, 14.853 and ran it with CAI, muffler swap, advance, traction springs, spare and tailgate on. Timeslips at CTs database.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
I'm hoping to have a new best to post up Friday night. Gonna be tough taking on modded king cabs. There are plenty of times I wished I would have kept my 06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
sudden urge said:
Mychael, you need to take a shot at my time, 14.853 and ran it with CAI, muffler swap, advance, traction springs, spare and tailgate on. Timeslips at CTs database.
well lets take a shot at mine? 14.806 @ 92.26

all that is done to my truck at this run is air box mod advance and exhaust.
now i have a stillen cai and believe i am good for 14.60's. i broke my rear diff last week on my first run. but i will find out soon.:haveredfl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,278 Posts
JnasTy0085 said:
well lets take a shot at mine? 14.806 @ 92.26

all that is done to my truck at this run is air box mod advance and exhaust.
now i have a stillen cai and believe i am good for 14.60's. i broke my rear diff last week on my first run. but i will find out soon.:haveredfl
I almost PMed you to invite you to the track until I realized it was you, lol. Hows the new rear end working?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Can't wait to get back out to the track. I'm hoping to hear something about getting my timing advanced today or tomorrow. The guy got shot down from the tech yesterday. He said he has another guy that can help me but nothing yet. The timing advance should be good for another one or two tenths. If I can nail a 2.1x 60' then I'm pretty much assured a 14.7x timeslip. If that happens I go back out there the next time they are open without the step bars and tow hitch and running e85 and see just how low I can get it myself then have a hired gun that weights over 100lbs less than me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,823 Posts
Mychael101 said:
Can't wait to get back out to the track. I'm hoping to hear something about getting my timing advanced today or tomorrow. The guy got shot down from the tech yesterday. He said he has another guy that can help me but nothing yet. The timing advance should be good for another one or two tenths. If I can nail a 2.1x 60' then I'm pretty much assured a 14.7x timeslip. If that happens I go back out there the next time they are open without the step bars and tow hitch and running e85 and see just how low I can get it myself then have a hired gun that weights over 100lbs less than me.
I have to wait till late April for the track to open. This year, unlike last year, I will be running with a recently installed JBA and wthout the tailgate or spare. I plan to run in the 14.6s, all for under $700 in mods. We shall see in the next couple months.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Well it looks like I have until April to figure out how to get a 2.0x or 2.1x 60' on stock rubber without a truetrac. Good to see spring arriving so we can all get back to the track! BTW kuddos on swaying me to the traction springs instead of the prg traction bars.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
359 Posts
Mychael101 said:
Well it looks like I have until April to figure out how to get a 2.0x or 2.1x 60' on stock rubber without a truetrac. Good to see spring arriving so we can all get back to the track! BTW kuddos on swaying me to the traction springs instead of the prg traction bars.

Hey man, Ennis is open friday night. You down?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
KINGMADE said:
Hey man, Ennis is open friday night. You down?
I want to, I just praying that I can get my timing advanced before then. I can make the trip to get my timing advanced and get my truck on the dyno to see what if any gains there are to be had on the 08's then get it out to the track the same day. That is the plan. Not sure if its going to happen since I thought I would be getting it done yesterday and then today. I'm hoping that 3rd times a charm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good Luck M101. I did not state in my original post i ran the 14.62 in Full Street Trim, No DR's, Tailgate and Spare on, and 3/4 tank of gas. Ripp'em up, M101.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
I'm still debating on going. Its been a long day and still no timing advance. I have to be at work in several hours and even though the weather is great I'm just not feeling it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
174 Posts
I'm going to try to make it back to the track next week.
Exactly one year ago I ran a 14.996 at 92.23 with only the air box mod and a K&N drop in filter.

I'm curious to see what I'll run now with the mods in my sig.
I've just recently added a Stillen CAI. The flowmaster muffler might set me back a little,but I couldn't stand the sound of the JBA muffler.
Any guesses on the new times???
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top