Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 4x4 SE that has an after market exhaust that is too small. I'm looking to upgrade it but, don't want my truck to sound like an race car. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
Welcome and Good Luck man.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I have a 2004 4x4 SE that has an after market exhaust that is too small. I'm looking to upgrade it but, don't want my truck to sound like an race car. Looking for any suggestions. Thanks!
Get a 2.25/3 flowmaster Y collector and put it in the same spot as the stock Y. Then run a 3" pipe to a 22" magnaflow SI/SO (single in/single out) muffler and dump it b4 the axle. It wont sound stock but this is the quietest set-up that I know of.

Reactions: xb9r282

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I had the JBA for a while. It's quite a bit louder than stock but not really noticeable in the cab. It drones a little but not bad at all. A Friend of mine has the sinlge side exit Stillen cat back and it is really quiet. Barely louder than stock and no drone at all.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Thanks to all! I'm going to give the JBA a shot.
If you think the JBA is too loud for you, you can swap the JBA muffler out with a 22" Magnaflow muffler. The round 7" K&N muffler that came with the older JBA kit is a little bit louder than a 18" Magnaflow swap. I have no idea if the newer JBA oval muffler is as loud as the old round one.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
I have a feeling he will think the JBA is too loud, that's why I said to get the 22" maggy also:) I'm looking for one!

Reactions: Blevinger

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts