Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at somethong like a KMC rockstar or similar in 20" on a leveled 09titan-CC. I want reasonqbly agressibe looking tires for the looks, but I drive 99% on the freeway so I am concerned about noise and ride. I have heard decent things about Nitto Terra Grappler but also that in hums a bit. How about the dunne grappler? Looking for any suggestions.

·
Registered
14,148 Posts
I'd take terra over the dune grappler if i were you. Otherwise there is the discoverer tire, deep tread, rides nice, and quiet. also cooper zeon tire, its like the nitto, but i think its tread is deeper and stiffer.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I have 20's with the Nitto Terra Grapplers and I can't hear any hum. I hear my big tow mirrors more than anything..lol

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Michelin LTX/AT2

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
BFG All terrain TA/KOs are great tires on the road, and are really good offroad everywhere except in deep mud.

·
Registered
558 Posts
if you are looking for a at tire that is well mannered on the roads look at the dura grappler by nitto, alot of diesel guys are running it and they love it. its more of a stock replacement at type tire but the diesel guys are digging it so check out some reviews.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO or REVO2. They are a quiet all terrain tire, and they have amazing wet traction and snow traction if you end up needing it. I have had 3 sets over the years of the REVOs and they are great.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I'd take terra over the dune grappler if i were you. Otherwise there is the discoverer tire, deep tread, rides nice, and quiet. also cooper zeon tire, its like the nitto, but i think its tread is deeper and stiffer.
^^^ x2 ^^^ ... Terra Grapplers in the Titan's OEM Size are actually very quiet IMHO. :dunno:

·
Registered
365 Posts
The Cooper Zeons are NOT quiet. The ride very smooth and are great in the rain but they do hum load. They also do not do very well in snow. I actually just got rid of them and went with BFG's. Believe it or not, the BFG's in a load range E are more quiet and ride just as nice. Plus the traction is MUCH better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts