Nissan Titan Forum banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Considering the evidence to the contrary, referring to Islam as a religion of peace is akin to calling a man eating lion nothing but an over sized and under fed house cat.

I guess free speech isn't free anymore either but you don't find out about that part until the Game Warden decides to bill you for protection against the Islamic house cats after the fact...

Pastor could face $200,000 bill for security

NorthJersey.com: Pastor could face $200,000 bill for security

·
Registered
3,848 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
good article ?.........no, it is BS
The bible is burned often in Muslim countries. I guess the author never
tried google search..:)
Don't care what happens in other countries. Their laws, their cultures apply to them, not us.

Burn a Bible here in the United States and there would be an uproar-just like burning the American Flag causes a stir...

No difference.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I'm sure that guy was not religiously motivated by Radical Islamic beliefs so they should stop unfairly profiling him and focus on someone more sinister like the little kid in my neighborhood who yelled "GOD DAMN IT" the other day and he also had a backpack on, supposedly filled with books but you know how crafty 6 year olds can be so I will send DHS the kid's address...

wow-a sarcastic comment. Is this an example of sticking to the thread topic?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Don't care what happens in other countries. Their laws, their cultures apply to them, not us.

Burn a Bible here in the United States and there would be an uproar-just like burning the American Flag causes a stir...

No difference.
I think the majority of Americans were in an uproar over burning the Koran, so what's your point?

I wasn't happy with it but I won't sacrifice 1st amendment rights for my personal disagreement.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I think the majority of Americans were in an uproar over burning the Koran, so what's your point?

I wasn't happy with it but I won't sacrifice 1st amendment rights for my personal disagreement.

The article is point out that respectful Muslims see the situation differently and wouldn't burn the Bible-making the claim that there are connections uniting the two religions.

That burning the Bible is done in other countries doesn't mean that it's all of Islam versus Christians. It wouldn't get the same non-response that it would get here.

The religions can coexist-the problem lies in how some of the followers choose to cut and paste the versions of their worlds in such a way as to lay claim that the other is bad.

If that claim is made, then this claim can be equally true.

Two pastors set fire to the Qur'an on 9/11.

Therefore I can safely conclude since millions and millions of Christians are out that that they agree with it (because they are silent and silence apparently silence means agreement with many of you) and are plotting to take over the world and kill non-Christians, and allow their leaders to engage in homosexual activity without reprisal...

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Be silent and "agree" with it as you say, get slammed by media/those in power for "agreeing" with it.
Be vocal and condemn it, get slammed by media/those in power for not supporting first amendment rights.

Quite the barrel you have them over, hmmm?
The first doesn't violate the laws of the land, I'd prefer it.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I don't see how that'd ever pass a court though.
He didn't request security or anything.
When you consider the Progressives making their way into the court systems such as the last two Obama appointed to the Supreme Court, I imagine that we will see more of this sort of thing as a "deterrent" to free speech, and although the court may exonerate him in the end, it will still end up hurting the guy financially and in essence what you end up with is a "fine for unpopular speech" which is of course unconstitutional.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Where do they get these idiots from anyway? What difference would it make if it was one guy or 1000 is beyond me because either way it is still freedom of speech which the moron finally recognized after the initial idiotic comment.

"We don't have a hate crime. There was no threat of physical intimidation because (the man who burned the Quran) was the only one there at the time," Dunnings said.

The act also was protected by the First Amendment, said Dunnings, who equated it to burning a flag.

From The Detroit News: Failure to charge riles Muslims | detnews.com | The Detroit News

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Be silent and "agree" with it as you say, get slammed by media/those in power for "agreeing" with it.
Be vocal and condemn it, get slammed by media/those in power for not supporting first amendment rights.

Quite the barrel you have them over, hmmm?
The first doesn't violate the laws of the land, I'd prefer it.
You make a great point. I don't disagree with it it all.

I stated earlier that silence can mean a variety of things.
1. Agreement
2. Disagreement
3. Bystander-it doesn't affect me.

I've also stated that I support the First Amendment Rights even when I disagree with the person or the issue they raise or how they raise it.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
When you consider the Progressives making their way into the court systems such as the last two Obama appointed to the Supreme Court, I imagine that we will see more of this sort of thing as a "deterrent" to free speech, and although the court may exonerate him in the end, it will still end up hurting the guy financially and in essence what you end up with is a "fine for unpopular speech" which is of course unconstitutional.
You could sue for court costs.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
You could sue for court costs.
Maybe a trial lawyer could fill us in on the particulars but I imagine that even if he is successful in the end, it still may break him or the church in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Where do they get these idiots from anyway? What difference would it make if it was one guy or 1000 is beyond me because either way it is still freedom of speech which the moron finally recognized after the initial idiotic comment.

"We don't have a hate crime. There was no threat of physical intimidation because (the man who burned the Quran) was the only one there at the time," Dunnings said.

The act also was protected by the First Amendment, said Dunnings, who equated it to burning a flag.

From The Detroit News: Failure to charge riles Muslims | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Suspect not identified. Muslim perp, no doubt.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I would like to see them sued for promoting & sponsoring terrorism.
Wait, what??? They spend $200,000 on officers and they're promoting terrorism??
I don't follow that line.

If they were promoting terrorism I'd assume they do nothing and just let the terrorists have their way.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The Muslim Brotherhood et al use a full court press. They fund politicians, media, Slum Imam, in addition to terrorists. The ultimate goal is worldwide Sharia.
Islamist Lawfare in place of outright Warfare seems to be the preferred method for the Muslim Mafia these days.

“It is really impossible to know how many people have been intimidated with these lawsuits because if you read the original letter they sent to me, you know, ‘don’t discuss this with anybody else.’ How many people have succumbed to that and said, ‘hey, we don’t want to get involved in this,’ and they’ve quietly gone away,” Andrew Whitehead, a blogger CAIR sued in 2004 for defamation, told The Daily Caller.

Indeed, it was difficult to find individuals to go on the record for this article about CAIR’s alleged intimidation tactics for just that reason, as well as safety concerns of sources.

According to Daniel Pipes, director of the Middle East Forum, CAIR frequently meets with members of Congress and the administration on an unofficial basis. “They are not doing terribly well, in the sense that they are officially somewhat banned, but they are unofficially doing quite well and should that ban be reversed they will have great strength,” Pipes told TheDC.

Read more: CAIR tries to squash criticism of agenda through intimidation and lawfare, critics say | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlzaZci6iVE

161 - 180 of 207 Posts