Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealers here in my area tell me that they can't "order" me a truck exactly like I want it. They tell me that I have to give them a list of what I want and they'll find me a similar truck at another dealer and trade trucks. Is this the case with Nissan? I've always been a Chevy guy and have been able to go to the dealer with a printout of EXACTLY what I want and order it directly. Chevy made the truck for me. Sounds like Nissan doesn't work that way. Any help is appreciated. I'm ready to get a Titan!

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
I've been told by two different dealers that they can order a Titan but the lead time is 60 days. I bought mine by finding out what the dealers had coming in. I told the dealer that I wanted a particular they had coming in before I ever saw it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That seems a little odd to me. I just ordered my truck the other week exactly how I wanted it. I ordered a smoke king cab 4x4 with the big tow package, fosgate with power captain chair, and fog lamps.

I think you might want to try another dealer.

S

·
0 Posts
Your dealer must not have allocations. A dealer can order nay truck you want as long as they have allocations. I would call and check and if they do not go to another dealer. They get what their allocations are at the beginning of every month. Ordered mine late December will be here Feb 4th. Good luck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. How do I go about finding a dealer within my area (or 100 miles or so) that is willing to order one for me? I've tried looking @ Nissan's inventory within 300 miles already and haven't found exactly what I want. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
enos,

Ask each dealer what Titans he has coming in. Don't be afraid to buy your Titan from another state-I did. Keep looking for a good dealer; some will bend over backwards to get you what you want. Others won't.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I found alot of trucks in HUSTON TX. I found TX. has a TON OF TRUCKS STATE WIDE, go to nissan web site, dealer locate put in 77477 ZIP. and find the truck you want, try other zip.codes and look over the whole state, I found over 140. TRUCKS IN TX. GOOD LUCK! HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've been to 4 dealers in the DC Metro area in the last 2 weeks trying to find a King Cab 4X4 w/ Big Tow Pkg, Rockford Fosgate w/Capt. Chairs, and Utility Bed Pkg in one of 3 colors and haven't had any luck.

However, each dealer has told me I could special order one it would just take 60-90 days to arrive.

So i'd say that dealer is just trying to get you to buy one off his lot instead of ordering one for you. Don't take that crap - move on to the next dealership.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So all of you say to look at other dealers. How do I get the truck here (Vegas) if I order it from a dealer outside the state? Do I have to go get it and drive it back? What if I can only get the truck I want in the East or South? How does that work? Will the dealer ship it to the dealer here? Thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ttz32,

Since you're so knowledgeable, what incentive does the dealer where I live have to trade with an out of state dealer? SHould I be worried that my local dealer would screw around with the truck when it got here?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
MOST likely you will have to fly there or Drive , because when you get the low price deal say near invoice they most likely wont dealer trade , that has been my experence when deeling with out of state dealers, why? they tell me they lose their 3% hold back and floor planning. If you find the exact truck your looking for, AND YOU GET A LOW PRICE, going out state IS A WISE MOVE! NO WORRIES, GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Deepwater. My concern is what do I do if I find the truck I want and it's across the country? I'm willing to fly to within 10 driving hours of here. But I'm not going to drive across country to get one. Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Question...... How many miles are you from Texas? And also, are you willing to go a little further than 10 hours to save, let's say.... $3,500 off MSRP on a loaded LE CC. Because that's what I did and it will be here in February, I did an "order out" outside of my local area and was dealt with VERY fairly and respectfully. And that's all I can say. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Deepwater said:
Question...... How many miles are you from Texas? And also, are you willing to go a little further than 10 hours to save, let's say.... $3,500 off MSRP on a loaded LE CC. Because that's what I did and it will be here in February, I did an "order out" outside of my local area and was dealt with VERY fairly and respectfully. And that's all I can say. :)
oh come on now!!!

if that dealer is in Texas tell me!!! ;)

was it Grubbs Nissan in DFW ???

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I didn't purchase my truck in Texas. I found that there were a lot of trucks in TX. when I was looking, and there still is. I did talk to several dealers in TX. the best deal that I was quoted was $1,000 over invoice. I got a better deal in another state closer to where I live. Don't know what Grubbs is or DFW??? Did have some dealings with Sterling MCcall Nissan.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Enos,

I was close to making a deal in TX. I am over 1000 miles away from TX. myself. If I had made the deal, my plan was to either fly there and drive back the truck or fly there, buy the truck and have it delivered to my home on a flatbed trailer. Cost for the trailer would be about $600.00. Ok, what happended was I was able to cut a deal $500.00 less then my deal in TX. and closer to my home, which made things a lot easier for me. MY POINT IS TRY TO GET YOUR TRUCK FOR AS CLOSE TO INVOICE AS PLOSSIBLE! IF THAT MAKES YOU LOOK OUT OF YOUR STATE FOR THE DEAL, THEN SO BE IT. I COULD NOT REFUSE THE DEAL I MADE, I SAVED ALOT OF GREEN! It was worth the time and hassle,to me any way. I COULD NOT GET THIS DEAL IN MY STATE! I mentioned TX. because you were having trouble finding what you were looking for.. just passing along info.also you could try AZ. EARNHARDT NISSAN. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Deepwater said:
I didn't purchase my truck in Texas. I found that there were a lot of trucks in TX. when I was looking, and there still is. I did talk to several dealers in TX. the best deal that I was quoted was $1,000 over invoice. I got a better deal in another state closer to where I live.
Don't know what Grubbs is or DFW??? Did have some dealings with Sterling MCcall Nissan.
OK, Thanks for the info.

(Grubbs Nissan is a dealer in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts