Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today after my date, decided to go test drive some trucks!!

I'm looking at a new truck so I figured I'd visit all the trucks I like for another trest drive.

First was the Ram 1500, the new 09 Models are SWEEET! It's got good power, and you can tell it does, however the response time is kinda sluggish, but when it goes, boy does it go! And the ride is so smooth. I took it on a crap road the Titan jumps all over..felt very little bumps. And the interior is top notch! I was looking at a Larimie Ram 1500 Hemi

next was the QX56. One sweet ride! Interior wise I like the Ram so much better. However the guy took me on a gravel lot and in 2wd the thing was doing perfect circles, on gravel!! Turned off traction control and the back end would just swing out and fish tail. The ride was smoooooth!

Titan, no 09 Titans on the lot (loaded) and no Armadas, last one was sold yesturday.

Last the Tundra. Good looking truck. But a very rough ride. Power wise, it has power, but the Ram lets you feel it. Tundra doesn't. Interior is growing on me..and it's very roomy. But compared to the Titan/Ram it really isn't that great.. :ftard:

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah she doesnt like the camera. And she's a friend more than anything so I don't see her much.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
get a daewoo!

·
Registered
179 Posts
So today after my date, decided to go test drive some trucks!!

I'm looking at a new truck so I figured I'd visit all the trucks I like for another trest drive.

First was the Ram 1500, ....
I actually test drove the new 08 Ram 1500 before the Titan and I liked the truck a lot and was going to get it even though I am not a Dodge fan.
Fortunately for me though the people at the dealership stole the stereo system out of my Jeep while I was BVA'ing the truck for the weekend and then told me it was my problem not theirs and to file it on my insurance.

A couple of weeks later I was in a Titan and have not looked back.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the QX I test drove was $60k and they were willing to go down to 50k
But overall I liked the Ram the best. The interior was much nicer, and it was still roomy, and has that new agressive look. That red one I'd be interested minus the tan. I told them I want a dark red with chrome door handles, sports package (painted bumpers). My price be upper 30's.. so I couldn't see an extra $15k for a "infiniti" with same amount of features.

·
Banned
3,832 Posts
if you dont want a titan ide go with the tundra crewmax or the ram!! those are the only 2 other gas trucks i like!

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually test drove the new 08 Ram 1500 before the Titan and I liked the truck a lot and was going to get it even though I am not a Dodge fan.
Fortunately for me though the people at the dealership stole the stereo system out of my Jeep while I was BVA'ing the truck for the weekend and then told me it was my problem not theirs and to file it on my insurance.

A couple of weeks later I was in a Titan and have not looked back.
Well I plan to keep my Titan..depends how many issues it gives me until I sign the paperwork on the new truck. And I agree the Titan vs the 08 and later Rams..Titan hands down. Now 09 Ram.. Titan needs to step up their interior. I'd love to see the interior found in a 08/09 Armada in the Titan

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
..... I'd love to see the interior found in a 08/09 Armada in the Titan ...
Kinda interesting how they changed one but not the other, isn't it. But then again, the price of the Armada has increased a bit with a little less negotiation. Mine stickered for $47k and I paid around $33k. A new one with the same packaging stickers for around $52k and is selling for $42k-$45k. $40k-$50k is waaay too much to spend on just a regular vehicle IMO.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah no doubt. Aramada is a sexy truck, and right now they are offering $4,500 off sticker price.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I was in a very small town in Texas this last Sunday to putting flowers on my father-in-law's grave when my wife mentioned that she'd like to have something to stand the flowers in. So I went to the only C-Store in town and asked where the closest place to buy some PVC is. Well, I was looking at having to go to a town 45-mins away when a man walks up to me and offers to give me some from his house. So I followed this nice guy and his wife out to their house where we went to his shop around back and he cut some PVC for me. As I was explaining what we were doing, he told me he figured who we were because he went to school with my father-in-law's brother. Then he said "besides, how could I not help out a guy who pulls up in a vehicle as nice as yours?". I told him thanks and offered him $20 for his trouble but he refused and said, "No, really, I used to own a repair shop here in town before I retired and it's really nice to see a nice vehicle that someone has invested some elbow grease into."

As I was leaving town, I passed by two different Hummer H2's that the drivers were double taking with an :eek: look as I drove by. Pretty cool to get stares from a snobby Hummer driver, IMO. :D

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
wow, 52k for an armada...for 8k more you can buy a escalade. that is nuts. i always assumed they were mid 40s fully loaded.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nissan was going to get me into the Aramda LE loaded for about $44,000 out the door.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
$55,215.00 if fully loaded. Why the heck would you wanna spend $8k more for that POS??? :rofl:
umm..i have an 08 and its not a POS. Drive very smooth and they looks sick. Interior and exterior. They are more for flash then anything else. Which is why i got one.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
umm..i have an 08 and its not a POS. Drive very smooth and they looks sick. Interior and exterior.
I'm just playin' with ya. I looked at the 2007 Escalades before running across the Armada and I didn't care for the regular or extended at all but I frequently use the 3rd row seat for adults too. They do look nice and ride smooth but that's about where it ended for me. The 3rd row wasn't tall enough for me to be comfortable and my legs were crunched back there. It did look plush inside but there was still way too much plastic involved for my taste.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'm just playin' with ya. I looked at the 2007 Escalades before running across the Armada and I didn't care for the regular or extended at all but I frequently use the 3rd row seat for adults too.
ya i see what you are saying. Armadas are nice though.i give you that. wouldn't mind having one.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
ya i see what you are saying. Armadas are nice though.i give you that. wouldn't mind having one.
did you say you were waiting for a range rover?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I don't think the Armada is necessarily "nicer" than an Escalade, but it's definitely a much better value, IMO. Besides, I like something that I can run on Jeep trails in without worrying about denting a DUB. :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts