Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was minding my own business sitting at a light next to this mustang. As the light turns green he looks at me and we take off with me having no intentions of racing him. But as i hear his loud pipes start screaming I hit the gas. He was about a half a car ahead of me when i did this. His car was getting louder and louder but not moving quite as fast as me. I hit 70 and he was about a full car length behind me when he gave up. For some reasonhe did not want to look at me at the next light. :futwice:

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
i've encountered the same situation with many other types of vehicles. it must be the 5.6 badge on the back of the tailgate. it does stand out and say i'll smoke ya!!! my latest victim by about 2-3 car lengths was a 2003 chevy silverado 1500, and to think he hit the gas before i did. hehe, i'm not sure the vortec knew what was about to happen to him, wish he saw me :futwice: him off but my tinted windows probably wouldn't allow him to see to well.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sorry but I have to call BS on this one. If it was in fact a GT (i.e. V8) and he was actually racing you, he probably would embarrass you. The GTs are pretty damn quick and a 2 1/2 ton Titan can't hang even though you would have more power and torque. Mustangs and Camaros with V8s are damn quick. Now, if it was a V-6 I would think that this story was more believeable.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I agree with Dman. The Titan is an awesome truck. I own a '00 Mustang GT convertible and often people are just itching to jump off the line ahead of me. Even if I don't floor it, the exhaust and engine noise may give someone the impression that I'm racing too. Generally, I just let people take off as fast as they want. It's a fun car to drive, I know it's fast and I don't really feel I need to prove it. In all fairness, if I was in the Mustang and a Titan pulled up to me, I would stare too. Not because I want to race, but because I think it is an extremely cool truck.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i can't say how hard he was pushing it, but he sure sounded like it. And my buddy beats done up mustangs all day long at the track, NO BS! And thats with a nissan sentra. He ran a best time of 8.2x . I believe i saw someones numbers on here of the titan running a 9.8 or something. Some of the mustangs are only in the 10.x something range. And if he only had an exhaust he doesn't have all that much power. I've grown up in an all ford family so i'm not bashing ford. Mustangs aren't all that fast, and yes i've driven them. My uncle own an 87 saleen, not saying its slow, but i'd put my money on my buddy's sentra in a race.

·
Registered
622 Posts
i hate those mustangs, i never bother to race any of them, im 4-0 right now and im very proud :haveredfl still waiting to line up with that hemi... the time will come

·
Registered
5 Posts
titanmike said:
Well i can't say how hard he was pushing it, but he sure sounded like it. And my buddy beats done up mustangs all day long at the track, NO BS! And thats with a nissan sentra. He ran a best time of 8.2x . I believe i saw someones numbers on here of the titan running a 9.8 or something. Some of the mustangs are only in the 10.x something range. And if he only had an exhaust he doesn't have all that much power. I've grown up in an all ford family so i'm not bashing ford. Mustangs aren't all that fast, and yes i've driven them. My uncle own an 87 saleen, not saying its slow, but i'd put my money on my buddy's sentra in a race.

You definitely are talking about 6 cylinder Mustangs. Any 8 cylinder Mustang will beat a 8.2x (0-60) .......and thats will 3 passengers and the AC on!!! Mustangs won't be Vettes and Vipers out of the box, but they will serve a Full Size Nissan Titan. Come on the comparison is not even. Nissan Titan is a very quick full size truck. It will smoke Chevys, Fords, and even the Hemi.

We all love the power of our Titans, but beating a 5.0 or 4.6 Mustang will not happen; unless that Mustang is running on 3 of the 8 cylinders!

·
Registered
622 Posts
we got any good racings stories yet guys? anyone have to show the other racer the ol' 5.6 LE, SE or XE? any "legend of the hemi killer" stories yet?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm talking 8 cyl mustangs. They are not that fast. But this isn't mustangtalk.com, so on with the stories about the titan.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Personally, I'm not into knocking down other peoples' cars. Obviously there are going to be a lot of gearheads in here because it is a truck forum. Trucks are often used to haul motorcycles, ATVs, race cars, show cars, etc...

Personally I love Mustangs. I'm not sure why that is the first car for a non-Mustang person to take shots at. To say 0-60 in 5.5 seconds for a completely stock car is "not that fast" is a bit ridiculous. What are you comparing that time to? A Corvette? A Viper? Sure, then you can say a Mustang GT is "not that fast". Then you can always compare the SVT Mustang Cobra. If you check a recent issue of Road & Track that compared the SVT with a Corvette, the Cobra was only a hair slower. I trust numbers a lot more than "I had a buddy with the fastest Mustang in the world and I beat it with my Tercel on nitrous".

So, I guess what I'm saying is, please be considerate in this forum.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mustangs are garbage....

I have been smoking Mustangs with my 67 Camaro all my life and look forward to doing it with my Titan.

FYI: You can put some addon's on this truck to get it to smoke a Mustang GT.

dman said:
Sorry but I have to call BS on this one. If it was in fact a GT (i.e. V8) and he was actually racing you, he probably would embarrass you. The GTs are pretty damn quick and a 2 1/2 ton Titan can't hang even though you would have more power and torque. Mustangs and Camaros with V8s are damn quick. Now, if it was a V-6 I would think that this story was more believeable.

·
Super Moderator
34,515 Posts
zrunnerz said:
I have been smoking Mustangs with my 67 Camaro all my life and look forward to doing it with my Titan.

FYI: You can put some addon's on this truck to get it to smoke a Mustang GT.
I smoked a salmon today . . . . . . . . :smoke: :jester:

·
Premium Member
17,096 Posts
MaxPowers said:
Good, put that stupid mustang in it's place. I never liked mustangs, always been a camaro type of guy.
Yeah, I spent a ton of time restoring a '65 mustang. When I finished, I looked at and said to myself "Wow, I wasted all that time on this little unibody POS!" Then I sold it to a kid down the street and he wrecked it about a week later.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a 73 convertible myself. its for sale if anyone wants to buy it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
titanmike said:
Was minding my own business sitting at a light next to this mustang. As the light turns green he looks at me and we take off with me having no intentions of racing him. But as i hear his loud pipes start screaming I hit the gas. He was about a half a car ahead of me when i did this. His car was getting louder and louder but not moving quite as fast as me. I hit 70 and he was about a full car length behind me when he gave up. For some reasonhe did not want to look at me at the next light. :futwice:
I got smoked by a Tundra, the first body style, maybe '01 or '02. At the next light, he rolled down his window and said "Don't feel bad, before I put my TRD SuperCharger on, you would have smoked me."

I want to go find that guy after my headers and intake are installed. I have the Banks kit now, but I know that would not have given me the two car lengths I needed. Maybe I will be able to pace him. I did some reading, couldn't find exact HP ratings from Toyota distributors, but it sounds like that blower adds over 100hp to the woosy hamster wheel under their hood.

I hope Nismo puts out a blower, I would like to keep my truck under warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I owned a '99 Mustang GT, and there's no way my Titan could outrun it. Sorry. But I have smoked a F-150 and several Silverados....

·
Registered
9 Posts
That Mustang wasn't racing, or it was a V6 with exhaust.

A stock '99+ 5 speed GT will go 0-60 in about 5.4 seconds and run the 1/4 mile in the high 13s - low 14s at 98 - 100 mph. The Titan is simply no match for that, not even close.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah theres not any way that happened. The titan would tow better though. Wanna beat a mustang or camero get a lightning or srt. My titan runs 8 seconds flat 0-60 when i time it and i think car and driver have it at 7.6 after several runs, its quick especially for a truck but its far from fast.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts