Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy that mounted Radflos...on my spindle, I thought it was suppose to be at
the front bumper brackets? Please show me a pics so I can chew this guy out...!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
well you have a bracket lift so your spindle and upper control arm arent gonna extend like crazy.....i still would risk it so dont hit the lift hard offroad. Why dont you put them on you front bumper bracket bar? thats how i have them installed

Reactions: ATitan05

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looking at the pics it appears the bumper bracket bars are not even there. do you have a pre runner bumper or just dont have the bumper side supports?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long story.....yeah he did not put back my bumper bracket bars, also I know he put my coilovers backwards cause I notice the hose that extends the res. out is facing the pwm side instead of the front bumperside wich makes the hose shorter right?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yes having the outlet at the coil facing the rear will make it shorter assuming your mounting the resies on the bumper support brackets. If it is a guy you know and your willing to deal with it then what ever, but if it were a shop I would go back and have them reverse the coil overs re install you bumper supports and have them mount the resies on the supports.

Personally I think it is unsafe to have them mounted where they are there is more risk of them getting damaged if they rotate and hit the tire. Also if they were indeed to rotate into the tire and wear on the side wall you could end up with a tire failure that would not be good at lets say highway speeds? you could end up dead or killing someone..... not good

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No this moron is not a friend of mine...also was telling me he went to youtube and CST website to install suspension correctly...lol! I'm gonna have to talk to my case handler on Monday..might need 4wheelparts to finish the job. They will have to send it off to them to do alignment anyways.....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah not a safe spot... The bumper support bracket is a good place :) Take it back to the shop and tell the installer that he is a retard...

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
yea big no no were they are installed. if not you can get a support welded on your frame to hook the reservoir too. if you have the brackets for the bumper you should be able to put them back fairly easy.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
As everyone said mine are mounted to the bumper brackets. I think your tires will hit it where it is mounted. If you click on the accessories section on the radflo website it looks like they can make a reservoir holder that may be able to be bolted to the frame or something. That would look cool! What is that strap going across your spindle on the third pic? Looks like a lanyard? Last that is a lot of pre load. Are you able to align it like that? I had to lower mine to get it aligned.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The strap you seen on the 3rd pics is just a thin tape that goes on the reservoir hose...it just says " made in the U.S.A. " if I remember it correctly.....I might either use something to get it to stay on the hose again or just cut it off...no biggie. For the allignment , i won't know till about a week or two...still waiting on my new set of wheels to come in....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts