Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for now Im going to be having them at 2" of lift in the front, and later 2.5" with PRG UCAs, the question is which setup is the best one? Im going to be taking off the swaybar too

PRG Products

PRG Products

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
for now Im going to be having them at 2" of lift in the front, and later 2.5" with PRG UCAs, the question is which setup is the best one? Im going to be taking off the swaybar too

PRG Products

PRG Products
I would get the Radflos in the 2.5" OEM Replacement, and the 2" Radflo Rear remotes.

You do not need the PRG UCA with replacement coilovers, only with the extended travel versions, unless you use a custom spacer that lengthens the strut, preload only stiffens the spring.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wait even at putting the shock at 2.5" I wouldnt need a new UCA?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Bucket contact comes from longer strut length, (or spacers making the struts longer), so if you get contact at 2.5" of preload, you will get still get it at 0.5" of preload.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool stuff, I wouldn't have guessed that, so I can upgrade to a new uca when time allows!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Cool stuff, I wouldn't have guessed that, so I can upgrade to a new uca when time allows!
If you plan to go higher later, check with Greg that the Radflo OEM's will take a custom spacer, or hat flip like the Icons do, (you need the PRG UCA's when you do either with the Icons, but the 2" Radflo's look like their's are already flipped in the pic on prgproducts site). Also, being an '08, since the coil buckets are higher, the hat flip might be too much even with his arms.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright good info. What would be the difference between the 2.5s and the 2.0? Are they stiffer?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Alright good info. What would be the difference between the 2.5s and the 2.0? Are they stiffer?
On a 2.5" the piston is larger, and the shaft probably is too. Usually a 7/8" shaft on a 2.5", and could be either that or the 5/8" on the 2".

The 2.5" is going to be better for larger hits because of the better damping of the larger piston, and the larger diameter shaft would be stronger. The 2" is still an upgrade compared to the Bilsteins, etc. and is fine for on road or off.

For most, putting the difference in price between the two, into a better rear shock would be the better choice, unless you like to go fast on the dirt, (and in that case you would probably want one of the extended versions for more travel, which do require the PRG UCA's).

The stiffness has more to do with the coils' spring rate and how much lift you try to get out of them with the preload setting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am trying to decide on this combo for a 4WD. Not an offroader, do a little towing but nothing major. All I was looking for was to level out the truck. I see these come ready to give front 2inches. This will probably be perfect. Finding it hard whether to upgrade the rear shocks and which ones. Then also trying to decide radflo or Icon up front.

Also does the PRG kits come with DETAILED instructions?? I finally just did my first brake job(thanks to blackbeauty) and while under there it does not look to hard to change these....thoughts??
Thanks guys
Oh Yea 05 with offroad

·
Registered
60 Posts
The instrcutions are detailed enough.. I threw on the front 2.5 radflos UCAs & rear radflos w/external on in about 5 hours from the time i pulled into the garage. Having a set on extra hands is almost a necessity. My ride is fairly rougher then stock, but thats because i needed the height to clear the tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts