Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

so on the Xterra/Frontier side of the house its very common to only do the bypass and simply eliminate the risk of damage (SMOD). I have a titan swap Xterra and its bypassed only.

Where i do understand fully the improvements of an additional cooler this thread is specifically to ask whos simply added the two feet of house and some clamps and bypasses the radiator only?

my 2012 titan p4x has the tranny fluid hardlines on the passenger side and simply bypassing the radiator is a quick thing with a new approx 2 ft section of hose and some new clamps.
Then plug or loop together the open radiator ports so they dont drip out.

my xterra on a cold morning i just driver her very easy and ensure i get the tranny up to temp before i hit highways etc. im in texas so not many cold mornings and not my daily driver either. just use the truck for truck stuff, ranch, etc.

-J

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,315 Posts
i never did it on my frontier or this titan but i have done it on fords and other vehicles. i never had any trouble because i didn't tow with them. i think as long as you aren't towing, you are probably good

man, its been cold the last few morning though, ha ha ha. they were talking about people's pipes breaking and plants getting killed just north or where i live here in texas. then it got into the 20s here in corpus. i am glad i am within walking distance of the ocean so we are always warmer then in town

·
Registered
95 Posts
i did it about 10 years ago in Wisconsin where we get cold winters. Just add this and you will be fine.. It sends the fluid back to the tranny until about 180 degrees then routes it to the cooler. I pull a heavy boat and have not had any issues with it.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,315 Posts
that's how i did the c6 in my ford v8 swapped wrangler.

how come you cannot just hook that one line next to the solid red line to the other metal pipe instead of buying two foot of hose? its already hooked up on one

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's how i did the c6 in my ford v8 swapped wrangler.

how come you cannot just hook that one line next to the solid red line to the other metal pipe instead of buying two foot of hose? its already hooked up on one
hi, yes i thought of that, but i have seen in the past where bending a line different from how it lives kinks it up, doesnt work well, etc so i bought some. if it works ill def try it to see.

for the record i got:
5/16 actual transmission or oil line, not basic heater hose.
two clamps - DO NOT REUSE OEM CLAMPS.

once the bypass is done now the radiator has two nipples open that i found easiest is to just buy more hose and put the two together - since no pressure is being added with fluid then reuse of the same clamps. On my Xterra i did clear hose here and was curious if i would ever see the known leak happen but to date nothing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see lots of people actually do this section prior to adding the much larger diamter lines up top to a new in line cooler. i think i will plan to do that but just dont have the time to remove the grille and do it nice and clean install the way i want. for now this bypass is whats needed to give some peace of mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts