Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn POS cracked, passenger side like most I've read about on here.

I'm planning in getting a Koyo one. Found one locally for $206.

I called Nissan to complain about this, there has been far too many of these failing and we need to get Nissan to step up and fix this problem. I think most of us has had to replace under 50k. I know personally quite a bit that failed around 45k

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Mine cracked a few weeks ago at 64,000 and mine's an 08'. I replaced mine with a Stillen.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I called Kyle earlier but haven't heard back yet. I've seen the CSF's for around $300 just can't wait for the shipping
Yeah lucky for me it only took two days to get here and I have a daily driver Jetta TDI so it wasn't THAT big of a pain in the arse, although I was a little disappointed since my truck has been ol' reliable thus far. That was my first real problem. Oh well, first time for everything.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I used a plastic elbow for my TB coolant bypass years ago, it just broke thursday, I noticed and pulled over after it was like max for temp and my oil pressure was down :( so I waited til it cooled down, my buddy brought me water, I filled it up and drove the 1.5hr drive home. I didn't really drive it til today and it leaked again and I believe it's the radiator, this is the 2nd time I've overheated my truck tho to it's defense, last time the radiator was caked with mud and I didn't know it til I saw the temp spike on an uphill drive after a day of mudding :(

another thing is the rubber plug thing on the bottom of my bell housing behind the oil pan popped open and spilled some brown sh!t out, wasn't oil though and it was too watery to be like tranny fluid I think :confused: I put pix up from my phone, does anyone know what that double rubber plug is? I put a bottle cap in there to help stop it from just RUNNING out but I really need to check it at the dealer I suppose. I looked at online exploded views of tranny ect and haven't seen it :( I suppose I could post another pic here, it popped while I was standing next to my truck with the hood popped and the steaming coolant bellowing out lol, pop spllllurp all over the ground, but not alot maybe like half a soda or less and it looked like soda color and consistency... caught some with my finger to smell it and I couldn't tell what it was, wasn't coolant, my coolant was still green and smelled like coolant...

I can take better pix if needed, but I think I may just take it to the dealer tomorrow after work and see if they can tell me what it is, and how they look for appointments... my abs/slip lights have also been on for probably a year now, replaced the abs actuator at the other dealership and it didn't fix it :mad: and that's not a cheap part, luckily my aftermarket warranty covered most of it and I only had to pay like $300ish...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Had the same issue. Original cracked. Replaced it with same part...cracked. On my 3rd radiator only got a Koyo this time. So far so good! *fingers crossed*

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I really think the design does not flow nearly enough at high rpm, so builds excess pressure, hence the leaking caps and seams. That's my opinion....

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Weren't we all joking around about the POS Visteion radiator at OT? Sorry Patrick you were the latest victim. I've had the Koyo on since '09 and it's got ~10k miles on it with no issues. Make sure to change the radiator cap, overflow cap and tranny hoses while you're in there to help prevent any pressure/venting issues.

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Weren't we all joking around about the POS Visteion radiator at OT? Sorry Patrick you were the latest victim. I've had the Koyo on since '09 and it's got ~10k miles on it with no issues. Make sure to change the radiator cap, overflow cap and tranny hoses while you're in there to help prevent any pressure/venting issues.
That's what Bill was telling me. My buddy at Nissan is doing the install for me and doing a pressure test and checking everything out for me

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
Well if it makes you feel any better, I said to myself today that it's really nice not worrying about this anymore and I looked under the truck and there is a slight dripping of tranny fluid on the passengers side. I'm so over this.

I'm really hoping it's just a clamp on one of the hoses...this is getting really fuggin old.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah OEM Radiators are Garbage. Once it cracks get an aftermarket one. Unless you like buying OEM radiators I hear they keep cracking a lot! Nissan should do something about this problem.... RECALL??

·
Vendor
32,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah OEM Radiators are Garbage. Once it cracks get an aftermarket one. Unless you like buying OEM radiators I hear they keep cracking a lot! Nissan should do something about this problem.... RECALL??
They need to do something... With all the stuff going on in the Auto world they should step up.

But since this is not a "safety" issue I doubt seeing anything come out from Nissan

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Found out yesterday that mine's cracked on the bottom. 2006 w/ 69,XXX

Local spot has a good deal on a new Koyo installed. Seems like most are happy w/ the Koyo.

·
Registered
261 Posts
mine went out today, 96K, i found a koyo, any tips with install?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Search the forums here, there have been a couple step by step guides posted in the past for R&R of the radiator.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Radiator Cracked My '04 made it to 61K

I had been smelling that horrible, "I know what it is" sweet smell for a couple of months with no sign of any leak. Then day before yesterday on "Date Night" with my wife, I get out in a parking lot and it's pissing green stuff. GREAT!
It took me 2 days of getting it warm then climbing underneath to figure out where it was coming from.

...and it's the radiator at the metal to plastic seam on the driver's side.

I just have to decide if I want the Stillen @ $339.00 or a KOYO for $170.00. I'm just glad the radiator held out for my 5,800 mile trip pulling my camper to Yellowstone last year, that would have really sucked!

NateDog, here's a link for Stillen's how to guide http://www.stillen.com/product_files/401441~inst.pdf

I was called "Natedog" while I was in the USAF, cheers

Reactions: Frank N
1 - 20 of 32 Posts