Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm finally replacing my radiator (before it fails ) on my 2005 Titan. It only has 36K miles on it but it's time to avoid potential for the pink milkshake of death... etc.

From reading the owner's manual the radiator fluid should be Blue 50/50. I therefore purchased Blue 50/50 from Oreilly as a replacement fluid so I could install a Stillen radiator to replace my factory radiator.

I should be ok right? I was happy to see that even after 250 miles past a prestone flush the coolant was all but clear.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
If you have the Zerex Blue from OReilly, you should be fine. It meets the same spec as the Nissan blue coolant.

If your radiator is not currently leaking, you don't have to swap it to avoid the transmission issues. You could just bypass the radiator portion of the trans cooling circuit (at the bottom tank of the radiator) and add an external cooler as an auxiliary cooler. Might save you some coin if you're not leaking.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the Zerex Blue from OReilly, you should be fine. It meets the same spec as the Nissan blue coolant.

If your radiator is not currently leaking, you don't have to swap it to avoid the transmission issues. You could just bypass the radiator portion of the trans cooling circuit (at the bottom tank of the radiator) and add an external cooler as an auxiliary cooler. Might save you some coin if you're not leaking.
It's the Zerex Blue so good. I've already purchased the radiator after another Titan driver I know recommended it. Thank you for your response,
Jeffrey

1 - 3 of 3 Posts