Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I live in Florida, antifreeze is not as bid a deal as in the northern climates. It doesn't take a lot of it to give protection from freezing. Of course, since most products are also "coolant", this does help in the warmer months (mid-Feb. - mid-Dec)

My question is this:

I have 130,000+ miles on my T. The antifreeze/coolant has never been replaced. First, should I replace it or let it ride. Two, if I do replace it, should I just drain and fill or should I flush, perhaps with a flush kit that cuts into the heater lines and pushes the discharge out the radiator?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Since I live in Florida, antifreeze is not as bid a deal as in the northern climates. It doesn't take a lot of it to give protection from freezing. Of course, since most products are also "coolant", this does help in the warmer months (mid-Feb. - mid-Dec)

My question is this:

I have 130,000+ miles on my T. The antifreeze/coolant has never been replaced. First, should I replace it or let it ride. Two, if I do replace it, should I just drain and fill or should I flush, perhaps with a flush kit that cuts into the heater lines and pushes the discharge out the radiator?

Any suggestions?
Yes, flush it. I got mine done at the dealer for about $75.00. It's well worth it. They will add some conditioners to keep the water pump seals in good shape. Well worth it. I would suggest taking it somewhere to get it done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would flush it. Because of the fact that the truck has 130K on it, I would just replace the thermostat on it. It is the safe thing to do because those things tend to get rust and when that happens, the thermostat will not open when it needs to causing your truck to overheat. When you remove the thermostat from the engine, all of the anti-freeze will drain from the block and you will be good to go. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone... just my 2 cents...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts