Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it seems like there is a sudden increase in radiator threads, I thought I would make a thread that contains the basic information so that the same questions don't keep getting asked over and over again.

Here is what a cracked radiator might do. From looking at various threads, they seems to crack near the same spot (near the fan shroud bracket). Here is a video that shows a cracked radiator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsDBlkJIyyU

Replacement options:

There are a couple of replacement options for our trucks. CSF makes a couple of radiators.

CSF 3190:
Aluminum core, plastic end tanks. This is an OE style replacement. Still has the plastic tanks like our stockers but it seems to be made out of better plastics (based on my personal experience as I have this radiator installed.)

Specs:
Core Size 23-7/16 x 27-1/8 x 1-1/4
Tank Size Inlet 27-1/8 x 2-3/4
Outlet 27-1/8 x 2-3/4
Hose Fittings Top 1-3/8 Right
Bottom 1-3/8 Left
No of Rows 1
Oil Cooler 18-1/8 in
Tech. Note O.E.M. Style Plastic Tanks and Aluminum core. Manufactured with steel crimps to strengthen radiator by 40% Over O.E.

CSF 3323 - Also known as CSF Street Performance Radiator

This is a single row, All- Aluminum radiator. It does not have plastic tanks.

CSF STREET PERFORMANCE RADIATOR, ALUMINUM CORE/ALUMINUM TANKS, 1-ROW -- 23.44 x 27.12 x 1.25 in. core size, 27.12 x 2.75 in. inlet/outlet tank size, 1.38 in. top right hose fittings, 1.38 in. bottom left hose fittings, 18.12 in. transmission oil cooler size; Special street racing model supplied with oil cooler;

Engineered to the highest specifications; No need to move fittings, drill additional holes, or stretch hoses to fit properly because it will fit exactly the same as with the original manufacturer's parts; Designed with CSF's advanced technology deep drawn tanks.

CSF 3328 - Also known as CSF Race Performance Radiator / Stillen

This is another All- Aluminum radiator. This is the 2-row model which is slightly thicker. It has been reported that this was the radiator that Stillen was selling in the past and might be selling again right now. There are threads that say that when they ordered a Stillen radiator, they received a CSF 3328 box.

Specs:
CSF RACE TRACK PERFORMANCE RADIATOR, ALUMINUM CORE/ALUMINUM TANKS, 2-ROW -- 23.44 x 27.12 x 2.06 in. core size, 27.12 x 2.75 in. inlet/outlet tank size, 1.38 in. top right hose fittings, 1.38 in. bottom left hose fittings, 18.12 in. transmission oil cooler size; Special race track model supplied with oil cooler;

Engineered to the highest specifications; No need to move fittings, drill additional holes, or stretch hoses to fit properly because it will fit exactly the same as with the original manufacturer's parts; Designed with CSF's advanced technology deep drawn tanks.

KOYO A2691

This is a aluminum core, plastic tank radiator. It is a popular choice around these forums.

Specs:
DPI # 2691
Reference # 21221
Width 27.25"
Height 23.4375"
Engine Oil Cooler NO
Transmission Oil Cooler 18 1/8"
Replacement OEM # 21460ZC00A

Silla 7195A
Aluminum core, plastic tank Radiator

Specs:

SILLA RADIATOR, ALL ALUMINUM, 1-ROW -- 23.43 in. x 27.25 in. x 1.37 in. core size; 3-3/16 in. x 27-1/2 in. top and bottom headers; 1.4 in. inlet and outlet sizes;

Plastic tanks, aluminum core construction; Engineered and manufactured under the highest quality standards; Effectively boosts engine functions; Distinguished for outstanding, reliable and efficient performance; With lifetime Silla limited warranty.

Performance Radiator 2864

Another Aluminum core, Plastic tank radiator. Haven't seen much written about this one on the forums, but it is still an option.

Specs:
# 23 7/16 x 26 11/16 x 1 7/16 One Row Core
# One Year Replacement Warranty

Ready Rad 432689

Another Single row, Aluminum core, plastic tank radiator.

Specs:
Radiator Style Standard
Row Quantity Single-row
Radiator Finish Natural
Radiator Material Aluminum/Plastic
Transmission Cooler Yes
Inlet Location Upper passenger side
Inlet Size 1 3/8 in.
Outlet Location Lower driver side
Outlet Size 1 3/8 in.
Core Height (in) 23.500 in.
Core Thickness (in) 1.312 in.
Core Width (in) 26.813 in.

There might be a couple more. Ill edit them in later if i find them.

Radiator Fluid Specifications:

From the Nissan Titan Service Manual:

Cooling system
With reservoir
at MAX level
Metric: 12.2 l
US Measure: 3 1/4 gal
Imperial Measure : 2 5/8 gal
Genuine NISSAN Long Life Anti-freeze
coolant or equivalent

Radiator Replacement Instructions:

Great How-To on how to change our radiators:

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/83895-radiator-removal-lots-pics-step-step.html

Here is the instructions that Stillen provides with their radiators:
http://www.stillen.com/product_files/401441~inst.pdf

Other notes:

Use distilled water if you run a coolant that needs to be mixed (ex: Nissan Coolant)

Removing the fan is not necessary when replacing the radiator, but its a whole lot easier with it out. Its is just 4 bolts. If you dont take it off, you will ding up the radiator unless you protect it somehow.

Let me know if there is anything else I should add to this thread

I left links out because prices change and links sometimes go dead. The radiators are easy to find using google since the part numbers are listed.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-reserved just in case-

Maybe people can also post reviews of what radiators they used in this thread?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I got the CSF 3190 nice unit.. So far, very nice!!! Great price from Radiator Barn and even better service!!! I talked to a guy in the US who answered all my questions!!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I don't think so since they mention trans cooler prior to this, and specifically mention this comes with an oil cooler.
Okay!:bump:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Ran into a little snag last night while installing my Stillen (CSF) 2-row radiator...

Since it's a tad bigger, the k&n air intake was a bit difficult to reinstall, but I had to go buy a small chunk of transmission hose because the short tiny hose I had was about an inch short....

Going to install that now...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks for the video...I now know I have a split rad. Only made it 20k. 4th time since I bought it in April it goes back to the dealer. Trying to stay possitive.

·
Registered
893 Posts
did csf stop making the all aluminum radiator? mine just decided to spring a leak, 2nd radiator this year

·
Premium Member
57,559 Posts
I wish I could thank this post twice. Thank you spoonman.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a word to the wise. Stay away from csf if you can. I dont kbow how the all aluminum ones are holding up but I replaced, my stock visteon with a csf oe styl and the piece of sh*i lasted 14 months until it cracked even worse than the visteon. Plus csf customer service sucks balls. Nobody cares about making the customer happy. They all didnt care if I only got 14 months out of a radiator. CSF SUCKS! Im putting a Koyo oe style in tomorrow. Hope that its a good one. Would love to upgrade to koyo all aluminum but i cant justify spending 450 on a radiator. Wish me luck guys! Tired of replacing rads

1 - 20 of 24 Posts