Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving to work last Monday morning, and I noticed the temp gauge was on the "H" and the red light was on. I pulled it over, shut it off, and walked around front. The truck was pissing fluid out the bottom tank of the radiator.

Well, as luck would have it, I am out of warranty now, and Nissan refused to cover it under goodwill. The dealership quoted me $940 to put in a new radiator (including labor, tax, etc...).

I took matters into my own hands and called 1-800-RADIATOR and ordered a brand new Chinese radiator for the T. Cost me $200 shipped to my door. Another $255 at the dealer for parts/labor and I am all set.

Best part is, the truck runs about 20 degrees cooler or so now according to Consult II. You know what the best part is about the whole story? The previous weekend, I drove from Palm Springs to Bakersfield, Bakersfield to San Diego, and San Diego back to Palm Springs. The entire trip I smelled radiator fluid, so I know it was getting ready to give up the ghost.

I am just really lucky it didn't happen out in the middle of nowhere. Thanks for reading.

·
Banned
2,738 Posts
Hows it feel?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
wow, i guess i better check my radiator then. *knocks on wood* so far i haven't had any issues...and i use to run my truck pretty rough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts