Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a leak and could not figure out where it was coming from. Well i said screw it ill change all my hoses. Well upon removal of the overflow hose i noticed the nipple move. It was cracked, i barely wiggled it and it broke off. What's the best way to fuse it back? Gorilla glue? Or plastic cement? Thanks...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Prolly a better option is drilling it out and screwing in a fitting

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like a heat lamp real close?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Q-Bond

Google that. Bury the cracked nipple with the granules and add the solution. Bam. Fixed in 1 minute. Won't be pretty but it will work.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used jb weld. Drilled a hole on the neck right below the existing nipple. Put it all over the threads and screwed it in. I let it cure for 24 hrs, i put the heat lamp on over night. Drove to my moms which is a 2 hr drive. No leaks.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used jb weld. Drilled a hole on the neck right below the existing nipple. Put it all over the threads and screwed it in. I let it cure for 24 hrs, i put the heat lamp on over night. Drove to my moms which is a 2 hr drive. No leaks.....
Just broke off my overflow nozzle today. Do you remember which specific fitting did you used by any chance? I'm just really dreading the prospect of having to swap out the whole radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts