Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. I brought my 05 crewcab to my local dealer for a smell of antifreeze. They said they pressure tested the system and found no leak, but noticed some corrosion on the radiator seam. They replaced the radiator and now my transmission lines leak like a sive. They have been waiting for transmission lines for over a month and have had my truck about a month and a half.I am at my wits end with corporate nissan. They are useless. My dealership wanted to give me a loaner car but i demanded a truck. They finally rented me a titan that i can't tow with from enterprise rent a car. I can't believe how nissan and the dealer can not get parts for an 05 for over a month. Has anyone had there tranny lines leak and had the dealer repair it. How long did it take? I am so pissed off at nissan. Any advice on getting to the higher ups at nissan would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Hemi-eatr, I'd go raise a serious stink with expletives. I just got back from a long road trip. Was leaking fluid from my right front end and had no idea what the hell happened, ended up at end of my trip at Carson City Nissan, they told me that they "called" around and didn't have the two tranny line cooler hoses and would have to wait for four days for service parts to come from Sacramento via overnight. Over night being a Monday after having my truck stuck in the service department that is closed over the weekend. I got the part numbers and found my parts 37 miles away in Reno (by the way) Reno's service department was open on the weekend, so I could've had my lines replaced and no rental car immediately on Friday had the parts department "called" around like they said. Anyways, it's BS to have to wait so long for the parts, they are "around" you just have to search. If nothing else call Robbie, parts manager in Reno Nevada Nissan, buy the parts from him and expedite em to you. Robbie noted he always has extras of the lines since they so commonly go. Which I wish I would've known sooner I would've had the lines replaced during my service to Burien Nissan the day before I left on my trip. Serious pain in the @--, and I'm not happy with the "service" level of the parts department in Carson."misslelau

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the reply's. Spoke to nissan today and they said the hoses are supposed to ship out on the 20th. Tommorrow.I have been in touch with a regional supervisor for the past month and a half from 1-800 nissan 1. She has been absolutely useless. No answers just a run around. The parts were customer cared since day one but they claim they have a huge backorder of the hoses. Trust me i've used many expletives on these people.It seems nissan doesn't care about it's customers. They sold the truck, are warranting the problem and i have to wait as long as it takes for the parts.I am so disgusted with nissan. This truck would be gone but i do really like the vehicle. I am worried about parts availability in the future. I may contact my states attorney general on this one.As of now i have a rental titan which i can't tow with. I primarily tow with my truck. I would like to know if anyone has gotten anywhere with the higher ups at nissan. I can't believe someone at the top would consider this acceptable , a 2 year old vehicle being out of commision for over a month. I just have to figure out how to reach someone and get somewhere. I will not leave nissan alone until i get an explanation on this situation there puting me through.

·
Registered
57 Posts
hemi-eatr said:
I would like to know if anyone has gotten anywhere with the higher ups at nissan. I can't believe someone at the top would consider this acceptable , a 2 year old vehicle being out of commision for over a month.
Don't know where you are, but in most states if the vehicle is out of service for more than 30 days you qualify for a lemon law buyback.

Find a Lemon Law lawyer and at least consult with them. You may end up with a new truck for your troubles. At least it will get Nissan's attention.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the beast back today. All the leaks seem to be fixed.The shop received the parts wednesday and they were finishing up the repairs at 5:00 when i arrived today. Two days to put on rubber tranny line connectors. The new hoses look a little beefier and the clamps appear to be stronger.Time will tell if it is fixed.I still can't believe i never heard from nissan. This truck went in january 29th for the leaking tranny lines.Picked her up @ 5pm on 4-27-07.I was dealing with a woman by the name of Dorothy Brown Williams at nissan consumer affairs.She's worthless and should be fired.She helped me with nothing and only once returned my phone call.Nissan customer service has to be one of the worst in the auto industry.I am still not going to stop until i hear from a higher up at nissan.If i don't hear from someone this will be the last nissan i ever own.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
i had an issue also whne they replaced my leaking radiator.. my hoses were leaking also ( all of them .. in lcuding the ones that ran to the radiator.. all they had to do was replace the all of the hose clamps.. fixed in one trip.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice.I wish that was the case for me.The only good thing was i was able to beat the rental titan they gave me while they had my truck.I can tell you that the titan can go through some pretty deep water.I had that thing in water above the door moldings and it was rushing water and none came in through the door seals. i was impressed.I take care of my truck so it was fun while it lasted.It took my mind off beating my service manager at my local dealership.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts