Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new here to TItan forums. I've got a 2008 Titan 2WD Ext cab with the 5.6 FFV and about 160k on the miles. My engine temp had been spiking in heat and wouldn't go down. Replaced, thermostat (didn't have one), and both cooling system caps. Did a drain and flush using Blue Devil until ran clear. I bought 4 gal of the Valvoline 50/50 Zertex to refill. I was able to get 2 gals in even after squeezing hoses to vent any excess air. Can't fit anymore in without getting overflow. Would appreciate any thoughts the group might have. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
71,640 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you look in the tank its probably over filled if not make it to the top then leave it is should self bleed

·
Premium Member
20,966 Posts
The system shouldn't take a full 4 gallons. Did you drain the engine using the right hand cylinder block drain plug? If not, then there was likely still fluid in the system which would make it unlikely you could refill it with the full 3.25 gallons. If you got 2 gallons in then that sounds about right given my experience.

The easiest method for bleeding the system for me is to park the truck on an incline with the front higher than the rear. Open the cap on the radiator and then run the engine - idle speed is fine. When no bubbles are seen through the radiator neck you're done. You will probably need to add fluid to the system as it goes through the burping process. I usually run the engine for about 20 minutes to be thorough. I've done this twice on my Titan.

How did you end up with no thermostat in the engine?

Reactions: LUBECAKES

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
I can't seem to get all the air out with out vacuum filling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts