Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm throwing this in "General", cuz it seems there are radiator threads in many if the sub-forums. So my radiator started leaking yesterday from both the upper and lower seams of the plastic tanks. I am starting to do some research on a replacement now. I see alot of posts regarding all aluminum vs. radiators with plastic tanks. I would put a Stillen (CSF) in the truck, but I keep reading about fitment issues (clearances, fan shroud, etc), and it seems so many people with the all aluminum rads start chasing pin hole leaks in 1-3 years. Not acceptable when the crappy stock rad lasted almost 8 years with no issues. So really, what's the latest on a (better than stock) direct replacement radiator that will not leak in short order? Is getting a good replacement really luck of the draw?

·
Registered
793 Posts
lol, buy another stock and keep it moving. You probably won't have the truck for another 8 yrs anyway.

·
Vendor
7,921 Posts
I'm running a older Stillen/CSF and the fitment was perfect with no issues at all. I have heard of several guys having issues out of the newer Stillens with breakage and a friend had a unfinished weld which was not found till coolant poured on the ground at fill time.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Mine went last month after 7 1/2 years, I dropped it off at the shop and they installed a new one. I am not worried about it, cannot do crap about it any way.

·
Registered
180 Posts
This is one those things where I'd bite the bullet and get a coupon code or something off the Nissan dealers website and get the OEM Radiator.

If it lasted you 8 years.... then a direct replacement should last another 8 years.

I'm going on a little over 7 years with my stock radiator with 139k miles. Did a flush/fill at 100k and no problems then.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
DO NOT replace the radiator with an OEM one. The OEM supplier is Visteon, which makes the majority of Ford's parts. Why would you put in the same part with known design flaws? I'm sure you've seen the amount of failed OEM radiators.

I replaced mine with the $103 CSF radiator with plastic tanks. No problems in 50K

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the input guys. I ended up with a Spectra "Premium" from Autozone w/lifetime warranty for ~$250. The truck will be kept 400+ miles away at our other home, and there is an Autozone there. So if I do have issues, I'll pull it out and exchange it locally, instead of having a truck down for 6-8 weeks between visits. That's the plan, anyway. I'm starting to get the feeling that all of the aluminum core/plastic tank radiators are built on the same assembly line in a factory in Indonesia anyway.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
. I'm starting to get the feeling that all of the aluminum core/plastic tank radiators are built on the same assembly line in a factory in Indonesia anyway.

I recently worked at an auto parts store for a while after graduating from college. This is the case with most parts, they're made overseas by 3 or 4 manufacturers, then slapped with a different sticker.

Batteries are the same in the U.S. 3 manufacturers make 90% of the batteries. A battery at autozone is the same battery at advance, just with a different case and stickers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts