Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Deep Blue Pearl Titan XD SV (Conv. Pkg, Utility Pkg, Texas Titan)
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,
I had my radio delamination warranty claim denied for a second time. Before I go back to try to reason with Nissan One again, does anybody have any idea on how to get them to approve it? Last time they denied it saying that it looked like scratches, I'm guessing it's the same thing this time. Not sure what the pictures the dealer sent in look like. If I lose my appeal again, I'm probably going to have to try the BBB Auto Line, not sure how much good that will do but I should at least be able to plead my case. Added pictures for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Titan Pro4x
751 Posts
Have you tried a different dealer?? Have you printed off the TSB that shows specific dates of vehicles affected and are you in that window?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried a different dealer?? Have you printed off the TSB that shows specific dates of vehicles affected and are you in that window?
I tried two different dealers. The second dealer I showed the TSB for the stop sale, and mine was in that date range

Edit: Actually, looking again, it doesn't look like the bulletine included a date range, but it came out in May 2020, and my truck was built in Feb 2020

·
Registered
9 Posts
Call the dealership closest to you and ask to speak with the Nissan Consumer Affairs representative. These non-advertised people strive for your satisfaction (within reason) and are an advocate for consumers at the dealership level. Every dealership has one that they like to keep hidden away. If the first dealership won't get you in contact with one, then call the next dealership and let that rep know about the first dealership. They should be able to look up the contact info for nearby reps and get you in contact.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to be clear on this, the dealers both agreed to submit the warranty claim, but Nissan themselves are denying it.

Call the dealership closest to you and ask to speak with the Nissan Consumer Affairs representative. These non-advertised people strive for your satisfaction (within reason) and are an advocate for consumers at the dealership level. Every dealership has one that they like to keep hidden away. If the first dealership won't get you in contact with one, then call the next dealership and let that rep know about the first dealership. They should be able to look up the contact info for nearby reps and get you in contact.
Will this person be able to help if it's not the dealer themselves denying the warranty, but Nissan's warranty department denying it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just to be clear on this, the dealers both agreed to submit the warranty claim, but Nissan themselves are denying it.

Will this person be able to help if it's not the dealer themselves denying the warranty, but Nissan's warranty department denying it?
The Consumer Affairs rep tends to have a little more pull on the corporate side. I don't want to give a definite "yes" that they can make it happen, but they do have a higher chance.

Also, keep this argument up your sleeve - when talking to the dealer, CA, or corporate and they tell you it's considered normal wear and tear - ask them to show you another vehicle in the pre-owned lot doing the same thing. In this case, make sure to clip your nails before meeting with the CA rep so they can't argue that you're a "one-off".

I can see the argument they're making, but that shouldn't be normal for a screen to do that with fingernails.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,113 Posts

Get with Nissan corporate directly. Send them the pics… They will help..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get with Nissan corporate directly. Send them the pics… They will help..
Do you mean Nissan One? I tried that last time, but the lady wouldn't let me give her pictures or anything. And they denied it again after talking with her.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts