Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been loads of posts on the radio fade between stereo/mono. Most posts have been concerning the Rockford Fosgate radio. Has this problem been prevalent on the standard radio w/6CD Changer, too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
I just got mine and have not driven it much but so far so good. The weather has been bad here so I am keeping it in the garge for now. I am hoping I do not have this issuie but I do beleive there were other post from owners that had " the plain Jane" system like we have. I will keep you posted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
titanjbc said:
There's been loads of posts on the radio fade between stereo/mono. Most posts have been concerning the Rockford Fosgate radio. Has this problem been prevalent on the standard radio w/6CD Changer, too?
My non-RF does it also. Sounds like they have a bad tuner design. I care more about my dash that makes all kind-a noise. Seems to be getting worse as the weather warms up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
The tuner in mine is absolutely horrendous. I also have the non-RF 6 disc system. Everytime I go under a bridge, it drops to mono and then takes 30 seconds to fully recover...just in time for the next bridge. Funny thing is that I am probably only 30 miles from the radio station towers and yesterday when I was 70 miles away, out in the country these same stations came in MUCH better. In town sucks big time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Funny thing, I live out in the woods and the other night I sit out listening to my radio and the thing was awsome! Why can't it be like that riding down the road! I knew the system was awsome with the CD as some are but the radio was even to my liking. Now to find out why it doesn't work like that all the time. Nissan told me to take it to a dealer for verification...Will it be one of those "things" that only happens when I'm driving? You know the mechanic drill or will I get some old guy that thinks I'm (not hearing things)? :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
www.durocab.com said:
Funny thing, I live out in the woods and the other night I sit out listening to my radio and the thing was awsome! Why can't it be like that riding down the road! I knew the system was awsome with the CD as some are but the radio was even to my liking. Now to find out why it doesn't work like that all the time. Nissan told me to take it to a dealer for verification...Will it be one of those "things" that only happens when I'm driving? You know the mechanic drill or will I get some old guy that thinks I'm (not hearing things)? :crying:
I'm with you on that! When you are Parked or NOT Moving! It seems to hold Stereo! Start driving and it is IN and OUTof Stereo To Mono! I take many long trips so I cant Stand having to listen TO THIS! I've been keeping it off because it's So BAD! I hope they Will Fix this Problem! :wtf:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK. In an attempt to make me feel better, please tell me there are Titan owners out there who DON'T have a problem with the radio. Is there any difference between early production vehicles and one's made recently. My hope is that Nissan will resolve the problem, but, they may be more concerned with getting the trucks out on the road and fix the little (or not so little) problems later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
I live in the country and most of the stations are at least 30 miles away. So far my RF has been great. It has done better than my past GM radios. It seems to hold stereo most of the time unless the signal is poor. CD's have better sound. I don't know if the stations here broadcast that quality of sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Do you think it's possible that the antenna is not good enough?? It clearly is a reception problem and I also noticed when it goes into "mono" mode, the RDS data is messed up.

I was looking at it the other day to make sure it was screwed down and it seems to me that it's a little thin and short in comparison to others I've seen. The one on our GMC van here at work is quite a bit stiffer (thicker) and it is probably 6 inches taller.

I saw Autozone has replacement spiral type antenna's and I was going to stop today and messure the one they have and see how much longer and thicker it is. If it's a big enough difference, then I'll buy it and let you know if it helps...

-Greg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
I have wondered about the Antenna myself. If you look at the Manual it says that the radio have new technology to improve reception but so far they haven't proved it to me. The FM reception sucks in the non rockford Fosgate stereo also. Are there any add on antennas would have the same thread size to fit the Titan that would signal reception? Maybe something with a built in booster.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
I don't know if there are any antennas that have a built in booster or not. I generally don't like signal booster as they can add noise to your stereo signal. With the reception being so horrible though, a booster isn't out of the question for me. I really don't think that a bigger or longer antenna will do any good though. Actually antennas are a compromise altogether. Depending on what station you are listening to and the frequency being transmitted you want a different length antenna for each station. For instance a short antenna would pick up lower frequency stations better (i.e. 92.5 on your FM dial) while a longer antenna would help you pick up stations on the higher frequencies (i.e. 107.5). It might actually be the other way around, I don't remember for sure, but it is something like that. The ideal antenna would be an automatic one that would extend and retract to different lengths depending on what station you were tuning to. That's the theory as I understand it anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
titanjbc said:
OK. In an attempt to make me feel better, please tell me there are Titan owners out there who DON'T have a problem with the radio. Is there any difference between early production vehicles and one's made recently. My hope is that Nissan will resolve the problem, but, they may be more concerned with getting the trucks out on the road and fix the little (or not so little) problems later.
just got rid of an 04 chevy cc da , titans radio is far better and no fade;
standard 6 disc
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
So far, after 5 weeks, I'm not having any trouble out of my stereo. My FM reception is a lot better in the Titan than the aftermarket receiver I had in my other truck. However, the CD player quit on me one day. I turned it off, turned it back on, and it worked fine. Hasn't done it since.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
I guess I'll find out about the RF radio reception this coming weekend...a buddy will be riding along on a long road trip who's definitely not into my techno/jazz CD's, so it's radio time unless he thinks to bring his own CD's...I can listen to any kind of music, but don't think the radio sounds like a good idea :rolleyes:

gtshouse, my 6 CD changer in the previous '01 Frontier did the same thing...I was 200 miles from home and horrified at the thought of no jam the rest of the way...I turned it off and back on, and never had it act that way again...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
I Spoke With My Dealer About This And They Showed Me A Doc From Nissan. Says Radio Reception Is Not Expected To Be As Good In Stereo. I Just Laughed With The Dealer. Seems Nissan Is Not Doing Much To Fix This Issue. I Definately Have A Problem And It Happens In Town Or Out. Dealer Recommended I Get In Touch With Nissan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Just curious if one of the guys on this forum has filed the complaint on the website listed on other post. ( Sorry I didn't copy it ).

There were three complaints against Nissan Titan 2 of which involved radio fade.

I started to post complaint but thought I would give Nissan a chance to fix the problem I have first..

Today I was going to drive to a dealer and let them test drive my Titan but as to be expected the radio worked better today so I decided to go back another time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
stereo goes out just while driving

Hello all,
I visit the site daily, but I'm not a big poster. Actually, this is the first post I've made since my truck came in back on the 20th of February.
There's nothing I can say that most of you don't already know. I love this truck. I thought I'd have a hard time transitioning from my Formula, which was a treat to drive on a daily basis, to this, as my family calls it, "Tank"! But man! I am having so much fun in this truck!

Now on to the issue of the radio.
First off, to those of you who are considering a Titan, please don't let this sway you away. You'd be missing out on an extraordinary vehicle!
I have the RF package in my truck, and yes it definitely does the stereo sound in and out thing. According to the display, the stereo signal that it is receiving is not going not, just the audio output is getting messed up. Reception is great. It pulls in stations better than any other radio I've have. Will driving, the stereo sound just sporatically fades in and drops out, but I've found, as someone else has stated earlier, that when you're stopped, the stereo locks in. There are quite a few red lights around me that have looong change times. If I catch them just as they turn red and I have to stop for a while, the stereo comes in beautifully. But, within seconds of removing my foot from the brake pedal and pressing on the accelerator, the stereo sound immediately drops out. I don't know how, but apparently it's causing some sort of malfunction in the audio output.

...not that this helps any, it's just what I've noticed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Pokey said:
Hello all,
I visit the site daily, but I'm not a big poster. Actually, this is the first post I've made since my truck came in back on the 20th of February.
There's nothing I can say that most of you don't already know. I love this truck. I thought I'd have a hard time transitioning from my Formula, which was a treat to drive on a daily basis, to this, as my family calls it, "Tank"! But man! I am having so much fun in this truck!

Now on to the issue of the radio.
First off, to those of you who are considering a Titan, please don't let this sway you away. You'd be missing out on an extraordinary vehicle!
I have the RF package in my truck, and yes it definitely does the stereo sound in and out thing. According to the display, the stereo signal that it is receiving is not going not, just the audio output is getting messed up. Reception is great. It pulls in stations better than any other radio I've have. Will driving, the stereo sound just sporatically fades in and drops out, but I've found, as someone else has stated earlier, that when you're stopped, the stereo locks in. There are quite a few red lights around me that have looong change times. If I catch them just as they turn red and I have to stop for a while, the stereo comes in beautifully. But, within seconds of removing my foot from the brake pedal and pressing on the accelerator, the stereo sound immediately drops out. I don't know how, but apparently it's causing some sort of malfunction in the audio output.

...not that this helps any, it's just what I've noticed...
Thanks for sharing! I am noticing the same thing you said. Hopefully, Nissan will have a fix for this problem soon.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top