Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally Posted by karlconnell
"Radio cuts in and out of stereo in FM mode...seems to happen when accelerating."

I have seen this type of problem mentioned by several members and want to let everyone know that all Titan radios have a feature called "Speed Sensitive Volume" (SSV in the owner's manual). The idea is for the radio to automatically adjust volume as ambient noise changes.

My truck was shipped with SSV set to LOW and it drove me nuts until I turned it off. To adjust, read the owner's manual. Or, just push your AUDIO knob (BASS-MID-TREBLE-FADE-BALANCE-SSV) until display shows SSV. Turn knob to adjust to OFF, LOW, MID, or HIGH. Turning OFF should make you happy.

Enjoy The Ride

·
Registered
163 Posts
Actually I have done that and my radio still fades in and out sometimes. I was hoping that the SSV was the problem but I don't think it is unless there is a short somewhere in all of our radios causing the SSV to be activated.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My problem is not the SSV. It is losing the stereo sound. Sound will at times go "Mono" like almost like your ears popping when going over a mountain pass or reminds me of listening to an AM station. I called Nissan today and was told to get dealer to verify.. Now I have to give someone a ride (if they have the time) until they notice the problem... The dealer I bought the truck from is 100 miles away so I will go to another dealer (15 miles) and I don't know how eager they will be to help me. I know I'm not imagining this as I am constantly asking my wife for verification "Did you notice that"? There are times I'm listening thinking it is great and them wham no stereo!!

I know it is not the speakers cause the CD sound is great.

Any Nissan guys out there let me know what you think.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
www.durocab.com said:
My problem is not the SSV. It is losing the stereo sound. Sound will at times go "Mono" like almost like your ears popping when going over a mountain pass or reminds me of listening to an AM station. I called Nissan today and was told to get dealer to verify.. Now I have to give someone a ride (if they have the time) until they notice the problem... The dealer I bought the truck from is 100 miles away so I will go to another dealer (15 miles) and I don't know how eager they will be to help me. I know I'm not imagining this as I am constantly asking my wife for verification "Did you notice that"? There are times I'm listening thinking it is great and them wham no stereo!!

If anyone is still having problems with reception, first go to your (any) dealer. If you are not satisfied, then contact Nissan for assistance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
www.durocab.com said:

This is driving me nuts. I've had to stop listening to FM. Luckly the sales manager at my dealership has the same problem in his truck but he thought it was his imagination. I'm going to give him some time to find an answer. Anyone else noticing this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts