Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok who has had there stereo volume fading in and out when they slow down or speed up, I have had vehicles in the past that have the scv (speed compensated volume) but had the option to have it on or off, usually left it off, well I catch myself constantly turning my volume up and down, sound familiar to anyone else, don't get me wrong I love my titan more than life itself, especially the power !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
You can turn the SSV setting off on the Titan as well. Use the same button you push to change the treble, bass, fader, etc.

Karl

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don and Karl
I've had the same problem, even with the ssv turned off. Spoke with the dealer and they are researching it. Wanted me to leave my truck with them for a few days. They mentioned tearing out the dash to see if the problem could be diagnosed. I DON"T THINK SO. I'm waiting for an answer from Nissan. Don't need the locals experimenting with my truck. It's a new creature for them also.
Jay

·
Registered
473 Posts
I played with it for quite some time and realize that the SSV is very aggressive to compensate for the truck sound. I think that even on low it is too aggressive. I doubt they have the ability to reprogram it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Yep, I'm having the same problem as you jd. I don't want them experimenting with my truck either but apparently a number of dealers know about the problem in FM mode. We love the truck and hopefully they will have a fix soon.

Karl

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for the tip on the ssv, did not know it was even there, mine was on high, turned it off and sounds wonderfull, glad this forum is here for us !!!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I noticed the SSV does over compensate a little for the loud exhaust from the Titan, but in my opinion it works pretty good.

And the Rockford Fosgate is fantastic...at least for my needs. I'll never need more punch than it provides. Heck at midway on the volume scale it's too darn loud , but in a good way. :cheers:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks Guys

Hey, thanks guys! I wondered what the "55V" setting was for on the radio. It is not covered in the owner's manual. I would play with it trying to hear a difference, but only when in the driveway or stopped in traffic. It also explains why my stereo seems to fade out as the rpms drop.

What a great site this is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Guys-

I'm also trying to figure out what the 55V setting in the stereo menu is?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Nopstar

·
Registered
837 Posts
nopstar said:
Hey Guys-

I'm also trying to figure out what the 55V setting in the stereo menu is?
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Nopstar

Speed Sensitive Volume. Volume goes up or down according to the speed you are traveling.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Does it work when in reverse? :jester:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sabre66 said:
I noticed the SSV does over compensate a little for the loud exhaust from the Titan, but in my opinion it works pretty good.QUOTE]

I've been in cars that had very good SSV, so to me, the Titan one stinks! It should be connected to the throttle, not the speedo. You get a lot more noise at 20 going up than you do at 70 steady.

Cliff

·
Registered
597 Posts
"I've had the same problem, even with the ssv turned off. Spoke with the dealer and they are researching it. Wanted me to leave my truck with them for a few days. They mentioned tearing out the dash to see if the problem could be diagnosed. I DON"T THINK SO. I'm waiting for an answer from Nissan. Don't need the locals experimenting with my truck. It's a new creature for them also"

There is a TSB on this. Read this topic.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13835&highlight=radio+tsb

I just got my new head unit today, and it sounds much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts