Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first thread on here after purchasing my 2nd titan. Im installing the newer 2014 Radio and controls on my 08 Titan. All audio and Nav is working properly. Only thing I need to get to work is the illumination lighting then the headlights are turned on. So I attached the 2 wiring diagrams for my 08 titan and the 14 Sentra Nav Radio. Can someone help with which wire should go where?

08 Titan wires 7 and 8
14 Sentra wires 9 and 44 and possibly 23 according to a post on a frontier thread

Would appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Your jpgs don't include the wires (9, 44) you reference above. 23 is not what you want. Notice it is an output from the Sentra head unit, not an input. You're looking for an illumination input.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
The descriptions are cut off. Can't see that line on the chart. Can't help you if I can't see the information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The descriptions are cut off. Can't see that line on the chart. Can't help you if I can't see the information.
OK i edited them and outlined the sections in red. Please let me know if you can see them now. I appreciate you trying to help.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Okay, now I can see them. It appears you should connect the #9 contact from the Sentra head unit to the #8 contact on the Titan harness, and connect the ground to ground (through the harness) and you should be good for providing illumination signal. But there is no "control" signal (variable level) shown in what you've posted for the Sentra head unit. Is the control signal adjusted within the head unit itself (on a touch screen or via a setting in the radio) separate from the dash light illumination control in the Sentra? If so, this should work. If there's an external dimming control in the Sentra which varies the brightness of the display, you're going to have to find that wire to connect to the #7 connection on the Titan harness.

Now, all this is what I'd try first. If it doesn't work, you're going to need to get a multimeter and some more advanced diagnostics than I can provide.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, now I can see them. It appears you should connect the #9 contact from the Sentra head unit to the #8 contact on the Titan harness, and connect the ground to ground (through the harness) and you should be good for providing illumination signal. But there is no "control" signal (variable level) shown in what you've posted for the Sentra head unit. Is the control signal adjusted within the head unit itself (on a touch screen or via a setting in the radio) separate from the dash light illumination control in the Sentra? If so, this should work. If there's an external dimming control in the Sentra which varies the brightness of the display, you're going to have to find that wire to connect to the #7 connection on the Titan harness.

Now, all this is what I'd try first. If it doesn't work, you're going to need to get a multimeter and some more advanced diagnostics than I can provide.
If you look to the right of the pin #9 on the sentra diagram where I outlined in red, it also shows pin#44 which looks like a ground wire if im not mistaken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts