Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
showing up outta the blue again - the problems make me come back LOL

Ok, my Titan is a little over 3 yrs old, just lost the factory warranty coverage and as luck would have it a problem with the factory radio has come up.

Anyway the problem I am now having just started showing up a few weeks ago....I can be driving along, listening to whatever station has a song I like and boom just outta the blue it retunes itself (e.g listening to 100.7 and it will return to 100.5 or 100.9) and within 5-10 seconds, it's back to the assigned station like nothing ever happened. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's doing this (it is a replacement stereo from the initial recall issue on 2004 models for the factory 6 cd changer setup) and it has worked flawlessly for the last 3 yrs until now. I was thinking maybe it's the antenna issue showing up (all because the warranty is gone) or something else I don't know about....my initial idea is to just unhook the battery and go from there (this might also help with the hesitation problem I have (just shootin from the hip here LOL)

anyway any ideas would help alot
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
162,287 Posts
Does it have a button to push that will take you back to the last station?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
162,287 Posts
And unhooking the batter is a solution I've heard has met with some success for radio glitches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carbeaux said:
Does it have a button to push that will take you back to the last station?
oh I usually just hit the preset again and it goes right back if it hasn't already gone back to it....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
162,287 Posts
keiffers said:
oh I usually just hit the preset again and it goes right back if it hasn't already gone back to it....
But what I was thinking was that if there was such a button (it's called "jump" on my XM), that it might be sort of stuck and causing it to go back and forth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carbeaux said:
But what I was thinking was that if there was such a button (it's called "jump" on my XM), that it might be sort of stuck and causing it to go back and forth.
nope...I have XM hooked up to it but it goes through the AUX jack....but there isn't any 'jump' button or whatever on this model of radio....I keep thinkin its a reception issue, cause I do have a problem with some of the stronger stations just suddenly being real static laced where they shouldn't be....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
162,287 Posts
Then the only solution I have is unhook the battery and let her sit overnight. :dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carbeaux said:
Then the only solution I have is unhook the battery and let her sit overnight. :dunno:
yeah I'll just play around with it - I just don't want to open up the dash and get to it....that's my last resort, I already scarred it up trying to do the XM hookup...it's a ***** to open up
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
162,287 Posts
keiffers said:
yeah I'll just play around with it - I just don't want to open up the dash and get to it....that's my last resort, I already scarred it up trying to do the XM hookup...it's a ***** to open up
So I've heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drewcalli4874 said:
hey just wondering if you have had any luck with your radio. im just starting to have that same problem with my 05.
honestly I haven't had time to play with it, BUT I have noticed since it was in for an oil change last week, it has not retuned itself.....coincidence? I don't know...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top