Nissan Titan Forum banner

Does your Titan have FM radio fade (sounds like AM mono then comes back)?

• Yes, I have it and it drives me nuts!

Votes: 40 71.4%
  • No, my stero just pain rocks!

Votes: 16 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you are having the FM radio fade/ radio in a barrell issue?

New record for a poll being shut down!

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
OK how do I answer the poll when I don't understand the 2nd choice? Do you mean that your radio is causing you PAIN by throwing ROCKS at you?

My radio is working fine. I cannot turn it up more than 1/4 of the way or it makes it impossible for anyone to have a conversation without yelling. I have no fade problems but that is probably due to the fact I live in Chicago. We are the largest radio market in the country and have some of the strongest radio stations around. They push out their signals at such a strong level that I can sometimes get them over 200 miles away.

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
alw said:
Was meant to say ' Just plain rocks!' I can't type.
I knew that, I was just having fun at your expense.

My radio rocks!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
"How many of you are having the FM radio fade/ radio in a barrell issue?"

I don't know if we're comparing apples or oranges. I don't have the RF and I voted 'mine rocks'!

·
Registered
20 Posts
My Titan radio reception is not nearly as awesome as the owners manual makes it sound. I receive static in stations that I have been listening to clearly years and can still get in my Dakota. The reception has the strength of a radio w/o an antenna.
Every once in a while the radio output drops as if it has a short in the system. Dealers are unresposive to these issues unless you can get the problems to jump at your command.
Called 1-800-NISSAN1 today, they said they are gathering a response to the complaints. My rep. said he would call back by next Tuesday will any actions for this item so keep your eyes open for solutions.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I DO NOT have the RF stereo, but I do have the upgraded 6 disc system with the Popular Package. My stereos reception is fine, but it fades in and out of "stereo" mode. The CD player is awesome, and so is the radio when it is in stereo mode.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have posted my radio issues already on the site. So have many more owners. I am happy to hear some of the owners do not have the fade out issue or any other radio problems like some of use. Very strange. It appears like there may be more than one issue with this stereo and not just one problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
LE stereo stinks

I was so excited to get a Rockford Fosgate powered stereo and thought it would be awesome. It was one of the many reasons I bought a Titan over the F-150. However, I am ready to go to an aftermarket stereo if I can't get this FM radio thing fixed. Only had the truck one month so I'm taking it in to the dealer soon to get it looked at.

·
Registered
77 Posts
We've been having lots of trouble with our Titans at the dealership. Seems lots of them have not been connected (the antenna) behind the glovebox, and inside the fender. (A nissan tech told me one didnt even have an antenna, as a assembly line worker forgot to make the hole inthe fender! weird)

Others have the amplifier jumper wires are bad (like on mine, unfortunately on Nat backorder for a week or so more)

Just make sure your dealership checks the complete system, and calls Nissan if they cant find anything!

-Corey

·
Registered
52 Posts
My Radio Needs To Die

alw said:
How many of you are having the FM radio fade/ radio in a barrell issue?

New record for a poll being shut down!
I am haveing the issue of the radio sounding like it is changing tones. it will be sounding great and then cut out and sound like it just lost all trebble and bass. It is verry strange and it really bothering me, I hope nissan comes out with a fix soon! If it helps I have a SE with the popular package, so it has the 6 disc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Having the fade problem as well.

Alas, I knew I wasn't going crazy. Yes, I too am having this same darn problem with the fade. It's not so much a fade as much as it is the highs, or treble if you will just simply goes away for several seconds and leaves me with this flat sound. Then gradually I get it back and bam, it's gone again. Frustrating to say the least. Does anyone know if Nissan has a fix in the works? Has anyone brought this up with their Dealers service center? Thanks to all who respond.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Atlas said:
Alas, I knew I wasn't going crazy. Yes, I too am having this same darn problem with the fade. It's not so much a fade as much as it is the highs, or treble if you will just simply goes away for several seconds and leaves me with this flat sound. Then gradually I get it back and bam, it's gone again. Frustrating to say the least. Does anyone know if Nissan has a fix in the works? Has anyone brought this up with their Dealers service center? Thanks to all who respond.

See this thread-

http://www.titantalk.com/showthread.php?t=9903&page=4

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 07 titan. the sound wuit working on the radio. The display works but there is no sound. I have unhooked the battery, checked the fuses but it the sound will not work. Any ideas on how to fix it? I had an 04 Titan with the same problems. The dealer replaced the radio in it twice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts