Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'll try a fresh post.

OK many have complained about the FM problem on various radios from the RF model to the base. Nissan is working on a fix - OK

My question is - IS THIS PROBLEM WILL ALL THE HEAD UNITS. 100% defect in 100% of the head units ????
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,244 Posts
Stitch said:
Maybe I'll try a fresh post.

OK many have complained about the FM problem on various radios from the RF model to the base. Nissan is working on a fix - OK

My question is - IS THIS PROBLEM WILL ALL THE HEAD UNITS. 100% defect in 100% of the head units ????
No, mine works fine. Maybe 99.999999999% ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bestatchess said:
No, mine works fine. Maybe 99.999999999% ?
Thanks Best,

99......% Good or bad ? :) :crying:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
470 Posts
Mines doing it. SE with upgraded CD changer.

I've called Nissan numerous times only to be told they have never heard of the problem. If they never hear about it how can they be working on it? Getting a tad upset!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
When I showed the problem to my dealer, we checked out several on the lot. We could not find one without the radio problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
My RF is working great. The reception is as good or better than any vehicle I have had. Many of the stations are at least 50 miles away. Maybe there is some type of interference problem is some areas that the radio doesn't filter out as well as other units.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
I live in Chicago, you can't get a stronger Radio signal than we have here. Its not a weak signal problem it happen even on really strong stations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
I've got the stock, non RF radio with the 6 CD changer, and have no problems. I find the reception is much better than other vehicles I've had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
I have the midline radio (Nissan's term for the radio with the 6CD but not RF).

It works great and holds the stero signal at distances equal to others I've own.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
662 Posts
geece1 said:
I have the midline radio (Nissan's term for the radio with the 6CD but not RF).

It works great and holds the stero signal at distances equal to others I've own.
I have the same stereo and it sucks...there is no other word for it. However, if I get out of the city it works better than when in, which means it is affect by multipath interference (i.e. other radio waves, buildings, etc)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
232 Posts
Seems weird how some work great and some don't.

dman said:
I have the same stereo and it sucks...there is no other word for it. However, if I get out of the city it works better than when in, which means it is affect by multipath interference (i.e. other radio waves, buildings, etc)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
I went to Dealer today and had someone ride with me to hear the "Mono Swith" during the drive. I hadn't even got out of their lot when it hit.

I drove a couple miles and even switched stations showing (listening) him the awful AM type sound. He then told the supervisor who told me he would get with Nissan and let me know something first of next week. The worry I had was when he asked if I had bought my Titan from them and no I did not???

I had called Nissan a couple weeks ago and they told me to get the dealer to report the "problem". That is what we all need to do. I think just us calling is not hitting the "right buttons".

Let Nissan hear the STEREO sound from the dealers calling in around the country....
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top